1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HP zd8000 does not turn on

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by chales, Jul 25, 2007.

1. chales

chales Member

Hi, my HP zd8000 does not turn on and I don't know why. At first I had issues with colored lines appearing on my screen so I was forced to use an external monitor. But, eventually, the laptop started not to turn on. I read lots of the threads posted here about similar issues, but has anyone dealt in specific with this power on issue, and what have you been able to do, if anything possible at all? Many thanx.

2. rogeball

rogeball Regular member

if there are lines in the video then it sound slike the video was going. it sounds like its onboard video cause soon after your video output was getting screwed up your whole laptop stopped booting so it seems like the portion of yuour motherboard where the video card was failed and soon after it spread to other parts of the board which in my opinion the whole motherboard went bad and possibly the cpu possibly.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2007
  3. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

I think the motherboard has failed, not the CPU, not anything else, just the motherboard, simply because the motherboard will contain the integrated graphics chipset, and if anything else happened to the chipset, that would explain why it doesn't turn on.