1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hp zt1000 series service manual

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by basquiat, Jul 25, 2007.

1. basquiat

basquiat Regular member

ok so i redid the cpu paste and have been using it for a few days, seems to be a little better, meaning it dosent seem to heat up as fast but heres what happens, it will eventualy get up to 59-60 degrees (idle this can take about 20 or 30 minutes) then the fan kicks in and runs untill it drops to 54-55 (takes about 5-10 seconds) then stops. since this is where the fan kicks in and out im assuming these temps are normal? even when it hits 60 and i have it in my lap it feels warm but not at all uncomfortable, i really wish i had monitored the temps before doing this but i didnt realize i would be removing the heatsink, anyways would appreciate any last thoughts and opinions on these temps thanx.

edit: oh and i used this program called cpu burn-in and when i disable the option for error checking it gets the temp all the way to 64 and then the fan kicks in full speed (at 60 it sounds pretty low rpm) so once again this tells me these temps are ok?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2007
  2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

That sounds ok.