1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Newbie to Burning

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MyGtp, Jan 4, 2005.

1. MyGtp

MyGtp Member

I have looked at this site the past couple days and learned tons. I have downloaded DvD Shrink and have been burning dvds that work great in my dvd player. However I was reading that if they dont work in a "good" name branded dvd player such as Sony or Panasonic they arent a good burn. So i tried them on a different dvd player in my house and they dont work. The dvd player says no disc. So I was wondering if I had to do something different to make them work on all dvd players. Thanx for any help you can give me.

Lukas

2. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

MyGtp,
    Each DVD Player usually likes certain blank DVD's. If you use a good quality blank DVD to record to usually you will not have a problem. Go to the site below and enter in your DVD Player name and model # and you will then see what blank media others use w/ that player and if they are having problems w/it.

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

3. wowzers

wowzers Member

Incompatible media with your burner will cause this issue. I originally spent 240 bux on a sony dru 710-A Dual layer burner. I Spent another couple hundred on ritek -r 4x media. Most of my burns would not play in dvd players. I did alot of research and there are alot of compatibility issues with ritek media and sony burners. As well I had more sucess burning +r media with the sony. After 2 months of frustration I bought a pioneer dvr108 for 95 bux and am using -r media only (ritek).My problems were solved as I have yet run into a play that will not play them.Hope this helps.....Cheers