1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Problem with Burning DVDrips

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by kydude36, Feb 17, 2007.

1. kydude36

kydude36 Member

I have been trying to burn the movie Children of Men to a DVD for quite a while now and for some reason can not do it. Here's the file ive been trying to burn:
    http://www.mininova.org/tor/557359
    Now, I tried useing ConvertXtoDVD to make them into DVD files. Then i tried putting those files through DVD Shrink and then burning it using DVD Dycrypter and that still did not work. Everytime I do this, the movie will be scrambled on my DVD player and unable to watch. I then tried to take my ConvertXtoDVD files and make them into image files useing NERO and then burning it, but that still did not work. I hear people say that it's because the files is done by AXXO that is doesnt work. Does anyone know how to help me here?

2. kydude36

kydude36 Member

anyone know how to help me???

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

so what format was the torrent file in? also what region are you in? the problem is that that movie is not out yet in region 1 so not verry many people can help, also did you read the comments on the file at the torrent site where you got the file at? it is always a good thing to do that, that way you would know what other users had or had nt problems with the file? sounds like you don't have the right codec for this file you might try running the file through g-spot and see what it has to say about the movie, good luck, also i bought the movie and i did not have any problems at all with this movie,

4. kydude36

kydude36 Member

the format the file came in was .avi, so i converted it do DVD files. ive just read the comments on the file and everyone says its a good quality movie, but no one talks about burning. and how exactly do I go about getting the right codec and what is g-spot?

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

ConvertXtoDVD should have no problem burning this file. G Spot is a program you can download and when your video is opened in it, will give you various info like whether you have the proper codecs installed or what they are, resolution, etc. Can you view it on your pc? Any chance the avi is rarred in multiple files and needs extracting; most torrent files are?

6. kydude36

kydude36 Member

yeah, i can view the files on my pc. i'll try running it through g-spot, but i dont understand codecs. what are they and how do u use them?

7. mistycat

mistycat Active member

8. kydude36

kydude36 Member

i put the files into g-spot, and it says that i have all the right codecs installed. plus i dont think codecs are the problem, since I can view the movie perfectly on my PC. The problem is whenever I try to burn it, it doesnt show up right in my DVD player.

A wierd thing I just realized is that when i first downloaded the trial version of ConvertXtoDVD from this website, I converted the files to DVD files and then shrunk them using DVD Shrink and then burned them using DVD Dycrypter, and my DVD turned out fine in my DVD player.

However, I couldn't stand looking at that little pop-up thing on the movie, so I downloaded a ConvertXtoDVD torrent and got the real thing instead of a trial, and now it doesn't work. Maybe I got a bad version of ConvertXtoDVD? Any ideas??

9. mistycat

mistycat Active member

10. kydude36

kydude36 Member

i just tried burning the Prestige using the same steps as I burned Children of Men and it worked perfectly. I guess that it was the file after all. thanks for all who helped.