1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge Problem with Saltek P2500 Gamepad!

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Argg, Apr 9, 2005.

1. Argg

Argg Regular member

Are most game's incompatible to game pads.
    Cuz I could play Republic Commando, or Swat 4. And Mafia Recognized it, but THe aiming has to be done with the analog sticks, which for some reason makes the guy keep spinning to the right, and pointing towards the sky.

I was thinking that most games can run off of pads, and I just plug it in, program and done!

What do I need to do to make it work. Or can it even work.

2. haimback

haimback Regular member

Did you go in to control panel/game controllers and configure the pad properly?

3. Argg

Argg Regular member

Apparently I didn't.

I know how to program everything but the Analog Joysticks.

Can you teach me, or do you know a place where I can learn it.

Or can you direct me to a place that I can downlaod lots of game profiles that already have joystick configurations similar to Republic Commando. Cuz I tried just using Ghost Recon's profile, and it only went forawd and back. The same with GTA's profile. But I can't get the Analog stick to point up and down so I can aim at shit above or below me.

4. haimback

haimback Regular member

Last edited: Apr 10, 2005
  5. Argg

Argg Regular member

Thanx bruh. Unfortunately all the files on that site won't download to my computer. Don't know why. I'll keep trying. I also looked around and heard something about an IR tracker or something. I've figured out how to change all the action buttons, but i just need my right analog stick to mimic my mouse. That's I'll i need to learn how to do, and I won't be tempted to take this thing back.

6. Argg

Argg Regular member

I already tried what you said earlier. Apparently Saitek isn't Windows XP friendly, and I could'nt download their driver. So what you were telling me seemed like old news. I didn't think it would work anyway.

Well, It did. I just downloaded the Updated driver (ver 3.3) and the new Programming Software on my Old computer (Windows 98) and burned to a data cd, then deleted my old drivers from the add/remove window and and ran the new one's from my burned cd on my new computer.

Good lookin out.