1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUGE problems with vso, the film machine & dvd2svcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by LazusGrey, Mar 20, 2005.

1. LazusGrey

LazusGrey Member

I have used ALL of these free products. And here are the problems I'm having: With VSO, the file I'm trying to change from an .avi to a vcd [which is 1.22 gb in size by the way; IF that helps you guys to help me; it's also 12 minutes and 28 seconds long and was recorded at 15frames per second] it changes it to a vbo which is fine except for the fact that it speeds the video up by almost 50%! With The Film Machine the whole thing comes out EXTREMELY jumpy and choppy. As though a giant were shaking my tv in front of me. I've used a free trial version of TMPGENC before and it worked just fine. But now everytime I download it and try to use it after I have completed the settings I get this error message: Cannot open package 3.dll [Or something like that; I have since deleted the program] ANY help would be greatly appreciated as I am a newbie to all this. Thanks

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get virtualdub.
    Open the file.
    Select Video, Framerate.
    Select "Change so video and audio durations match.
    Select "Convert to FPS", and put in 29.97
    Click OK.
    Select Video, compression.
    Choose DivX, or Xvid, or even MS Mpeg4.
    Click File, save avi.
    Give it a name, save it somewhere.
    Takes about 20 minutes.
    Load this new avi into your VSO or whatever.

3. LazusGrey

LazusGrey Member

I followed your instructions exactly. The vid came out fine until i loaded it into VSO. I kept getting this message in the scroll down VSO box-MSG Level#1-concealing 300 Dc, 300 AC, 300 MV Errors. What does this mean? Should I use another program to try and change the .avi to a vcd? And if so which one? Can you recommend a good free one? Thanks in advance.

4. LazusGrey

LazusGrey Member

Ok I realised what I did wrong. I put the 29.97 in the wrong place. Howvere the compressions options that you advised me to choose were not available on Virtualdub. Where can I download them? By the way these are the options I WAS given through virtualdub:Huffyuv v21.1-CCESP PatchV0.2.2 [that's all in one] Indeo video 5.06
    Cinepak Codek by Radius
    (uncompressed RGB/YCBCR)
    Intel 4:2:0 Video V2.50
    Intel Indeo (R) Vid interactive R3:2
    Microsoft H.261 Video Codec
    Microsoft H. 263 Video codec
    Microsoft RLE
    Microsoft Video 1 [I chose this one]
    Microsoft Windows Media Video 9
    VFAPI REader codec1.05

Thanks AGAIN :) in advance

5. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Use Huffyuv if you can. It will produce a large file, but it will retain more quality.
    Do a google search, find and download div3 (which is really mpeg-4), and although it's not the greatest for quality, it is free, and reasonably good. Only if Huffyuv won't work.