1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HUGE PSP PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by skyline, May 19, 2007.

1. skyline

skyline Regular member

ok my friends little sister stucka butter knife int he PSP memory stick pro duo port and now it wont read any memory stick! does anyone know how i can take the port out and put a new one in.

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

Stupid girl. Well, if your warranty hasen't expired yet, take to the place you bought your PSP, and ask for a replacment.

3. skyline

skyline Regular member

thats the problem i have no warranty, and i lost the reciept, the only thing i can do is to get a replacement part but i dont know how to put it in.

4. vcbc

vcbc Regular member

There are alot of guides on opening PSP google around u will find a few. You probably dont have to buy a new one u might be able to bend the pins back up. mostly the pins are flat and are bent up to it kinda forms a upside down V and it touches the pins on the memory stick those pins might of bent down or overlaped with another one because of the knife and might be able to bend them back up. Here is a guide its not a really good one. it dont have alot of picts but really detailed info. The bad thing about having to buy a new one is that...if i remember correctly the Wifi is somehow soldered to back of the memory card slot so u would have to do some soldering if u cant bend the pins back.
    http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=380915&rl=1
    Good luck.

Last edited: May 22, 2007