1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Huge VCD on DVD-R Media

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by bondr, Jan 21, 2004.

1. bondr

bondr Guest

I need help on creating and burning a huge VCD on DVD-R Media. I have about 50 Video songs and want to make one huge VCD to be stored on a DVD-R. Can any VCD App let you change the size of the VCD file to greater than 700 MB? If I make a DVD VOB file/chapters, the mpg Movie song increases about 4/5 times per VOB and thus I cannot get all the songs to fit on DVD as a DVD. It will fit as a VCD on a DVD-R disc. Help please.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

If all of these File together are Under 4.38GB then you can easilly make a DVD out of them...What you will need to do is Join all of the Files together into One Big VCD/Mpeg1 File, You can do this with Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tools" "Merge & Cut" and then after they are Joined into a Single VCD File you will have to Demux the audio out of the File, You can also use Tmpgenc"s "Mpeg Tools" "Simple Demultiplex" to seperate the VCD File into a seperate audio and Video File, Now all you have to do is re-sample the VCD Audio from 44100kz to 48000hz which is the DVD Compliant Audio Frequency...So now you will Need to use a DVD authoring program that Supports the Sif Format(That is what the DVD Format that VCD"s on DVD is Called) You can use something simple Like "Tmpgenc DVD author" to Author the Audio and Video Files to DVD...You do NOT want to compress these Files so they are smaller because that will Totally Ruin any Quality you had...Cheers

3. gutner

gutner Member

What is SIF Format, and what burning program would you recommend to burn SIF Format?

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

The SIF format is the DVD Format at 352+240/288 Pal which is what VCD"s are....You can author the SIF DVD Format with allmost any DVD Authoring program but I usually use "DVD-Lab".....Cheers

5. gutner

gutner Member

thanks for your help

6. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

hes right but its CIF not SIF

7. Minion

Minion Senior member

Some Call it Cif and Some Call it Sif I guess It depends on the DVD authoring Program you are Useing..
    DVD-Lab calls is Sif But Sonic DVD authoring Programs call is Cif so I guess it depends on who you ask but it is all symantics anyway.....

8. pcshateme

pcshateme Guest

hey bondr- if its for music i HIGHLY reccomend leaving it as VCD- the video will be the same on DVD but the audio will have to be resampled witch makes the audio sound poor even on the most advanced players- if your player can play VCD- just leave em on vcd.

9. Nimbus3

Nimbus3 Member

Have another qastion on this matter. If I get an audio-sync problem when the Mpeg-1 file is converted. What do I do ???