1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Humming sound, Samsung TV

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by 6BurghFan, Dec 28, 2010.

1. 6BurghFan

6BurghFan Member

I have a Samsung HD Projector TV, Model #HLR6156W, 61 in. I was having some problems with the projector lamp and just replaced it. There continues to be a humming or buzzing sound coming from the TV and the picture is not crisp....shadowy. Anyone have suggestions as to what this could be?

2. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Do you live in higher than normal altitude? This is common especially with some of Samsung's Plasmas, but the noise usually goes away after a month or two. But since it's also the picture that has problems, you might have to "re-seat" your lamp. Also the glass face may be dirty/smudged, or the lamp could be defective all together.

I don't expect this to fix it, but it would be good to try and re-seat the lamp. Here's a good easy guide: http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-323236.html

If it doesn't work, then you should take it back and get it replaced.

3. 6BurghFan

6BurghFan Member

No, we're not in a higher altitude and the lamp is brand new....just replaced it today. I was told that maybe the "color wheel"?? needs to be replaced...do you know anything about that?