1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hundreds of errors!

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by wpwms, Apr 15, 2007.

1. wpwms

wpwms Member

I see that people have had problems with Nero Scout for years, and nothing has changed at Nero!!

I too had the pop-up error messages that "NMindexStoreSvr.exe caused a problem and needed to close", so I changed the file .exe to another extension. Although this stopped the pop-up error messages, I now see a string of System Errors in the Event Viewer that say:

Unable to start a DCOM Server: {25E8A7CA-5874-4F85-BC00-35210131C444}. The error:
    "The system cannot find the file specified. "
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\NMIndexStoreSvr.exe" -Embedding

So, I then tried the suggestion to disable the .dll by running:
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\Lib\MediaLibraryNSE.dll"

but the System errors still are coming in.

Something is trying to start the NMindexStoreSvr - EVERY 20 SECONDS - and I have hundreds of these error messages in the Event Viewer.

I also see in my Services list, a NMIndexingService that shows a Manual start. I changed that to 'disable', but the errors continue.

Does anybody know what is trying to start the NMIndexStoreSvr every 20 seconds, and how do I make it STOP? Is it the NMIndexingService?

I do see some entries in the registry regarding the .exe.....

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

http://www.google.co.uk/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=stop nero scout&meta=&aq=t&oq=stop nero

Alleged to work

(Paste into Notepad, save as a .reg file, then double click in Explorer and click "yes")

Also alleged to work...

Hope one of these helps