1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am a newbie on Android :(

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by tazjung, Dec 17, 2011.

1. tazjung

tazjung Member

Could anyone advise me if Android can be used on my PC (replaced Win) ?

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I'm not sure if ilmkidunya actually believes that or is just trolling you, but I highly doubt you can replace Win on a PC with Android. About the only instance you could is if the PC you're referring to is actually a Windows tablet. Even then, it would probably be a hack to get it working. It's sort of like trying to run Mac OS X on a PC; it's just not designed for that. So in short, since you're asking the question in the first place I'm going to have to say no, you can't. Maybe there's a basement somewhere dwelt by someone who got it though...

If, however, you're talking about emulating Android in Windows rather than replacing Windows, yes you certainly can: http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/emulator.html
    It's meant for testing while developing apps so it's kind of technical to use it, but there might be things floating around that are easier to use.

EDIT- I think ilmkidunya was trolling because they apparently posted another message and before I could see it both were removed.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2012