1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am about to throw my ps2 out the window, Ico with swap magic

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by rindo, Oct 26, 2004.

1. rindo

rindo Member

I just got swap magic 3.2 and the slide card and all and I made a backup of Ico and when ever I try playing it swap magic just turns red or pink and it starts playin and freezes after about 1 second. I am burning the cd with Alcohol 120 and I am using Raw Dao and the PS2 template. What am I doing wrong? Tanks for the help.

2. 2005

2005 Regular member

Try reading and writing the disk slower... try cleaning the disk and try a different type/and or brand of media and post the results.

3. rindo

rindo Member

I am buring at 1x and using Maxell disks which are high quaility ... i dont know what to do, i tried backing up a diffrent game it wont even start burning....

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

if it helps i made a backup of ico with clone cd and burnt a 4x the backup loads on my v7 ps2 with swapmagic cd (can't remember what make of cdr i used but will dig out the game and let you know)

5. wannadie

wannadie Member

it could be as simple as ur PS2 laser is weak to read it or the is side of ur PS2 needs to be cleaned:)

6. dud0r

dud0r Member

ICO is on dvd, as for what i'm reading you are trying to play a dvdbackup with the swap magic cd, this will only work if you refresh the toc first

and if you have it on cd it's a dvdrip swap magic can't play those unless there under 630 megs

Last edited: Nov 1, 2004
  7. Xian

Xian Regular member

My original Ico was a CD, not a DVD from what I remember. I didn't have to do anything special to back it up. I just use a freeware program, burnatonce, to do CD backups.

Have you made other cd based backups and have they worked?

8. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Ico NTSC version is CD-ROM and the PAL version is DVD-ROM. I have had trouble with Maxell discs reading properly in older PS2's. Try some Verbatim media if you can get it.

9. mcfish

mcfish Member

Hi

I've just picked up on this thread after experiencing similar problems to the original poster. Basically, I've got:

PAL PS2 (PStwo)
    Swap Magic DVD 2 and CD 3.0
    an NTSC (US) copy of Ico.

...and I can't get it to load. I get the red screen, followed by "Sony Corporation of American presents", then it freezes. I tried it without a memory card and it freezes at the "continue without saving?" message.

Any ideas about what might be going wrong? I've googled to no effect.

10. freebeer

freebeer Member

Hi every one I've managed to back up a dvd game but I wonder if any one can help. I've just bought these swap disks and the pull card in the hopes that I can stop my kids for scratching their original disks. I've had a go with a dvd disk, backed up a game and played it no problem but when I put the cd swap disk in it dosen't boot up and dosen't ask me to "insert disk" is there anything I could be doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2004
  11. darkchaos

darkchaos Member

mcfish , i have the same problem as you :(,
    PS2 v7 NTSC
    SM discs

i tried cogswap,hdloader,cdloader and the same, frezzes in the sony entertainment thingie and then nothing, the cd keeps spining tpugh but nothing :(