1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Am An Idiot I don't know where to begin

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mtrsman, May 14, 2007.

1. mtrsman

mtrsman Member

Ok, I know I am supposed to do a search and all before I type some stupid thread, but I am completely lost about this stuff. I am not computer stupid, but close. I have been trying to backup 1 movie for 6 hours. I have read post after post and none of them make sense to me. I need to back up 500+ movies as I don't want them stolen. I have downloaded Nero, DVD Shrink, and DVD Decrypter. I have tried starting with DVD shrink and get some error about encryption. After another hour I found DVD Decrypter, which said it was the answer to my problems. I downloaded that and clicked the button that shows a DVD with an arrow to what looks like a hard drive and let it run. It completed, but now I have no idea what to do next! Everywhere I look I see all these friggin words I have never heard, and I am an english major! Please don't yell at me and call me a newbie, as I am already aware of my status as one. Please, can someone who speaks plain english help me or point me in the right direction?

2. mistycat

mistycat Active member

Last edited: May 14, 2007
  3. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

hello and welcome to AD,

i could explain what to do next but it is easier if you just follow a guide like this one(below), then post back if you have any questions or problems with the guide

Guide LINK

Also a good thing to remember is use good media like verbatims or taiyo yuden

also if you go to the glossary tab it will explain what most of the words are, if you cant find the word in there just post it and an AD member will help

Last edited: May 14, 2007