1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am Completely new to the scene and i need som advice on xbox modification!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by stokley34, Nov 1, 2004.

1. stokley34

stokley34 Member

I was wondering what the steps to modifing an xbox are. mod chip? bios? Harddrive? copying? and any other hardware/software I would need. If someone could help that would really awesome. Thank you

2. stokley34

stokley34 Member

when I say copying i mean copying software. Contact me at jamiestokes34@yahoo.com please and thank you.

3. wiglit

wiglit Member

if you can solder use the xecuter. its the only way to go and is by far the best. I think I have the 2.? pro. the x3 is out now. it costs more, but its up to you. the 2. what ever will do everything you would want one for. go to evox.halohackz.net

4. bongoo

bongoo Member

to add the mod chip to the xbox you need to solder it on,right? is that hard and what equipment do you need?

5. MidniteJ

MidniteJ Member

Soldering isn't that hard once you learn how to do it. If you have never soldered before, it can be a bit challenging. I suggest doing a google search on soldering tutorials and I believe their are soldering tutorials on Xbox scene. You will need the following: Soldering pencil (15W), solder (lead free....the thinner the better), a desoldering braid (a must have), flux, a good magnifying glass, an anti-static grounding strap, and a steady hand.

Also, I suggest getting some cheap circuit boards or broken electronics you may have lying around the house and practicing solderin on them before you attempt it on your Xbox.

Good luck.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2004
  6. EvoxGuy

EvoxGuy Member

Soldering is pretty easy, i did my Xbox (including 1.6 LPC rebuild) and i have limited experience of soldering. You need an Iron, Solder and thats it. Other stuff is unneccessary. If you're that bothered about soldering, buy a pre-modded box (or PM me), or go for a solderless fit. Once chip is in, it needs a BIOS, which is pretty easy to install (if you have a CD-RW or DVD-R burner). From there, you can play your backup games. If you want to put games on your HD, you'll need a bigger (IDE) hard drive (120Gb biggest reccomended, though support is available for bigger), a dasboard (again, easy with a CD-RW) and a utility prog for that purpose. A PC capable of FTP connections is a big help (have you got ethernet on your PC, or a router?). Anyway, take it one step at a time and choose a chip. I reccomend Xecuter 2.6 or X3. Once thats fitted, start looking for BIOSes, and if you get stuck, get back to the forums. I bought, chipped, flashed and dashed my Xbox in 3 days, and that was from knowing nothing about the subject. The net contains everything you need!!

All the best

Guy

7. bongoo

bongoo Member

I've got NSTC/J XBOX crystal and what to give it the ability to play NSTC/PAL, are the mod chips that I need different from the usual NSTC chips?

8. stokley34

stokley34 Member

Thanks for the help guys. Where do I find BIOS? what about the dashboard where do i get that and what else is needed to get that up and running?

9. 2majestic

2majestic Guest

Are there pre-soldered chips to add to xbox or is this first toughest step necessary?