1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am going to send my xbox360 to repair centre

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by addflash, Apr 11, 2007.

1. addflash

addflash Member

Earlier i spoken to xbox360 support team and i explained them my problem is my Dvd drive is not reading the discs(both original and backups) obviously i didnt told that about my backups but i only complaint about only originals to them.On original im getting this messege (put the disc in xbox360) and on backups error(unplayable disc or dirty disc errors).I bought xbox360 from ebay on January 2006,and i dont have the reciept.So obviously my xbox is out of warranty now,but when i ask support guy he said its ok we will send you box without any charge,but he gave me another option if i want one year warranty then i have to pay £85.00 but i said no,now i dont know did i made that decision right or not.

What are the chances that i'll recieve the other system or the same system with same drive.Yeah one more thing which i am worried about that i dont have original.bin file.So i am sending my xbox360 with the hacked firmware :-( .

2. motomods

motomods Regular member

Good Luck.. i think that with the amount of time it takes for them to get it back to you, you prolly will get the same one back, just with a temp fix.. lol.. so hopefully you will get your dvd drive back.. although with all the hacking.. they prolly give you a newer dvd drive even if they give you the same system back.. lol.. this way you cant burn games.. for now..

3. addflash

addflash Member

Yeah mate i know but at the moment my xbox360 is giving me alot of problems with original and backups.If they swap the dvd drive benq with my samsung ms25 in same system,then i'll buy samsung drive from ebay and then i put the same key in it.In this incident i'll got two new dvd drives for one price,but these things just on my mind lets see what happen in coming days.

4. addflash

addflash Member

Update @ my last post.
    I sent my xbox360 to repair centre UK on 13/4/2007.
    (with samsung ms25 drive,out of warranty & modded)

Recieved back refurbished xbox360 on 18/4/2007,with hitachi drive manufactured something 10/2005 with 90 days warranty.

My question is i've already got VT6421 SATA CARD,Does this work with hitachi drive or do i need another one?If i need other the please specify.Which is the easiest way to hack hitachi drive?

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah it should work for hitachis, i have the VIA 6420 and it works just fine. and there is a tut about flashing the drive that is stickied i think. check it out

6. addflash

addflash Member

Thanks,I flashed my hitachi drive and its working perfectly.

7. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

WOW that was fast service!!

how much did it cost?

and how come didn't you just buy another drive of ebay?

8. addflash

addflash Member

Indeed it was really very fast service.No cost mate everything was free,although my 360 out of warranty,which i bought in jan 2006 but they replaced it.
    First i was thinking replacing the dvd drive or change the lens but then i called to repair centre,they said they gonna fix it for free.

9. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

FREE? wow they really improved their service.