1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having problems !!!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tarmac, Jan 11, 2005.

1. tarmac

tarmac Member

Hi, I am just new at doing this and I am having problems. I was using DVDXCopy to rip and Roxio to burn and was having no problems. Out of no where, my DVDXCopy would not work properly. It used to take about 48min to rip. Now it says 1hr 47min and will either stop at about 11% done, or will seem like it is working and then it will just shut itself off. (weird). At about the same time, Roxio was fine, then I put the burnt DVD in my DVD player, and the file is there, but it seems to skip (not really skip, but stop and start). What am I doing wrong??? Does any one have any suggestions on what to do, or should I be using different programs? Would this be a RAM problem? Please help?

2. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hi tarmac welcome to AD, Lack of RAM certainly would cause those types of problems. However there are some very knowledgable people in Afterdawn who are more than willing to assist you. So explain in greater depth your PCs' details, thing like how much hard drive ram programs etc etc

gringle

3. rroettger

rroettger Regular member

AD has another site for X copy. Look at the bottom of this page.
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/
    Roxio is one problem, if I remember it is on the software blacklist.

Have you tried DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink instead of X Copy? They are great programs and free to boot.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Your starting, and stopping ,problems sound like cheap media.

5. lauzzie

lauzzie Guest

Hi Tarmac. I am definitely not an expert but I used to have all sorts of problems with roxio. Take it off your computer completely and download DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter using NERO as your burning software and see what you think. Make sure you take Roxio off completely as I found it interfered with everything else. Give it a try and see how you go. Most people seem to think that Shrink & Decrypter are a good combo.

6. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Hold fire for a while on removing Roxio tarmac; if my memory serves me right a special removal prog is required to get a clean un-install.
    I'm fairly sure it was Brobear or Bigorange who mentioned it.
    Don't download anything for a while do a de-frag disc clean up etc and ask in another post about this Roxio removal tool.
    from what I remember if it's not used, Roxio bites back

best of luck
    gringle

7. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

roxio removal tool:http://softwareupdates.roxio.com/gm/support/tools/roxizap.exe

8. Gringle

Gringle Guest

Nice one Jim!

9. bonitah

bonitah Member

tarmac, I hope you are running some anti-spyware programs..sometimes if your computer is infected it will cause all kinds of nutty things to happen a big thing is it makes your computer run terribly slow...

Also, when I do any kind of backing up to the hard drive or burning I always reboot (deja vu back to win98 - but I still do it) and turn a bunch of running programs OFF...anything I can turn off I try to including my virus checker and spyware guards etc..

How is your computer running other times when you are not burning discs?

I heard about the Roxio thing too..not good :(

bonitah