1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having trouble obtaining the IP address for internet

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by DCP_PSP, Jun 15, 2007.

1. DCP_PSP

DCP_PSP Regular member

What the heck is wrong? I have tryed turning off the WLAN switch and turning it back on but it still does this:

Optaining IP address.......
    for a long time....

Then it comes up with this error:

The attempt to obtain the IP address timed out.

Why does it keep doing this???

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Has it ever worked?

Try reboot your router.

3. okthen12

okthen12 Guest

I know the problem it happend to me. You have security on your router so u need to re-configure it on your psp. On the back of your router there should be a code that you have to put in. Sorry i havent done it in ages. Message again if ive made this too un-organised sorry :S

4. BiGbOsS0

BiGbOsS0 Guest

yo dude i am having trouble with my umd when i try to log on 2 metal gear solid portable ops, it keeps on telling me i cannott host a game...

5. Hardball

Hardball Regular member

Go on your computer(not your psp) and go to Run on the computer. when you click run a little box should open and then type cmd in the text box. next you should get this box again with grey writing and a black background in the box type IPCONFIG and press enter your ip address should show along with the dns settings you can try to insert them manually on your psp to see if you can fix this problem

6. DCP_PSP

DCP_PSP Regular member

Meh, it works good now for some reason, maybe I need to be closer to the router.