1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am having troubles installing the boot manager from a cd into my crystal chip pro 2.0 on my slim v14b ps2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by obsidian2, Jun 16, 2007.

1. obsidian2

obsidian2 Member

I followed all directions to a key (got directions from mod-chip.com) for installing my modchip, tested each and every wire for continuity and/or accidental bridging, and the led on the crystal chip lights up for half a second and turns off like it should.

The problem is once I hook up the av cable, power cable, controller, and put in the cd with the bootmanager install and upgraded firmware on it, once i do all that, upon booting it brings me to this screen that looks like it is still a part of the PSTWO's XMB that shows me an icon of the cd and says that it is a playstation 2 cd, I hit X on that screen so that it might go into the cd and load it, but instead it goes in, goes to a black screen for a brief moment, and then comes back to the same screen.

I have not been able to get anything loaded onto my crystal chip, and without being able to do that the chip is useless.

any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Try flashing it?

3. obsidian2

obsidian2 Member

ironically, that is my problem; The cd was designed to allow me to flash the chip, and when I try to run it, it won't read, so I can't flash it with updated firmware or the original.

Also, if I remove the modchip, the PS2 works perfectly and reads both cd and dvd discs.

4. obsidian2

obsidian2 Member

it seems that no matter how many times I test the continuity of the pins, or check the diagrams to make sure I have the right stuff in the right place, no matter how many times I do those things and they pass, the stupid thing still wants to go to a screen that says there is a disk in there and asks me to press x to enter or O to cancel. never wants to load the disk though.