1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am lost :( Need to HD copy.

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bugcake, Oct 6, 2003.

1. bugcake

bugcake Member

With my DvDxcopy, is it possible to back up a wedding video DVD onto my harddrive without burning a new dvd? I'd like to ditribute the photos to our family website and also have the album on our computer for viewing. I just bought the software and went through the motions to copy, but it said my dvd drive isn't ready for copying (which I don't want to do in the first place). Am I missing the option to use my harddrive as the destination?

My apologies if this has been answered before. I did a search and didn't come up with the answer.

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Well you don't need DVDXCopy. It won't copy home movies. Insert the DVD into your drive. Stop it from auto play. Click on 'My Computer'. Click on the drive the disc is in. You will see a Video TS folder. Highlight it and click 'copy' in the tool bar and finally choose the destination folder on your HD when prompted. Voila.

3. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

If all you wish to do is capture images from the dvd, many players have a vidcap feature that will allow u to save whatever shots u desire as u watch the video. You merely click a button when you see a shot u wish to save.