1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am not xbox 360 savy about flashing my drive i need info so i do not mess up

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tiggerblaster13, Mar 21, 2012.

1. tiggerblaster13

tiggerblaster13 Member

Well like i said in the subject! I have most of my games copied to my pc but i can not seem to burn them to work for xbox 360. Well more like not sure if i should flash my drive to be able to use the copy in the xbox. I have the programs to copy i have not tried yet but do not want to waste time on the chance i will get banned. the programs i will be useing to copy the files from pc is cookies xbox 360 burner and the dual layer dvd+r just need good skilled imput on if i should even do it or not as i said do not know much about the process and i want to do it right. I have done allot of reserch the last couple of days and there are so many mixed reviews. Any way that my situation and any addvice is beter then no addvice thank you all for what help i get.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. palwill

palwill Regular member

stay updated on your drive firmware and chances are you probably wont get banned. the jungleflasher tutorial included with jungleflasher, is probably the best guide on how to modify your drive without having someone else walking you through it.

3. DavGerm4

DavGerm4 Active member

As palwill said, JungleFlasher has a guide that can walk you through the entire process of flashing your DVD Drive.

You need it flashed with the LT+ 3.0 Firmware, so that it can read all the latest game backups.

I'd recommend using Imgburn to burn your games, just make sure the setting is at 2.4x no higher then 4x or the 360 won't read them.

So the first thing you would need to do, is find out what kind of drive you have, and then what tools you may need to flash the drive.

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

That Cookies thing is just an imgburn mod, as far as I know. Also the thing about the burning speed has been discussed over and over again, some people get better results with burning faster, so it's nothing to generalize. I personally burn at 8x and so far didn't have a burn related coaster (only one because I was a noob back then and 2 with XDG3).

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012