1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i am only able to get a few cso to work

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by jclape, Sep 9, 2007.

1. jclape

jclape Regular member

running 3.52 m33-2 firmware only some cso are working any help appreciated. also to update to 3.52 m33-4 is it difficult no computer wizz

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

I would install 3.52 M33-4.

You can download it HERE.

Extract the file after you download it. It will extract a M33-1234a folder and inside that folder is a PSP folder. Drag that PSP folder into the root of your PSP MS. If you do it correctly it will ask you to overwrite. Don't worry about the seplugins folder inside the update folder. That is just a popsloader plugin for PSX games.

After you do the above go to the Game Menu and run the M33-4 update.

Make sure you check and see if the firmware is at 3.52 M33-4. You then should format your MS. Make sure you backup your gamedata folder if you have game saves.

After updating to 3.52 M33-4 I would enable the Sony NP9660 NO UMD option in recovery.

Do this by turning off your PSP. Then hold the R shoulder button down keeping it down while you turn on the PSP.

It should boot into recovery menu.

Now go to Configuration and press X

Go to UMD MODE and keep pressing X till you see Sony NP9660 NO UMD

When you see that option under UMD MODE go up to BACK and press X. Then go down to EXIT press X.

This will boot you into XMB. Now try those CSO files that wouldn't work before.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2007
  3. jclape

jclape Regular member

thanks should i make sure my power is more than 50% bat is getting low

4. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

after you install update 4 if the cso still doesn't show up try renaming the cso to a shorter name

5. btjl90

btjl90 Regular member

i do have CSO problems too

i have to restart my psp to make it run whenever it fails to run

when i try to run it, i sometimes will get 080020148 or something like that

im on 3.52m33-4

does the no umd option solve the problem?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If the CSO loads sometimes and doesn't at other times then you could have a faulty MS. I would deep format the MS with your PC. Choose FAT32 for file type and make sure the Quick Format is unticked so it does a deep format.

After that format the MS again with the PSP and place the CSO files in the ms0:/ISO folder.

If you have NO UMD disabled then it shouldn't matter because you would have to play games with a UMD in the Bay.

If the NO UMD option is enabled and you just have it on the normal NO UMD option then some ISO/CSO files could have problem running. Changing the UMD MODE to Sony N9660 NO UMD will give the NO UMD option better compatibility. Which means most games will play with NO UMD in the Bay. It is said that up to 99% of the games are compatible with the Sony NP9660 NO UMD option.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2007
  7. jclape

jclape Regular member

ok i am trying to update this to m33-4 here is what is on mem stick
    MP root folder
    iso folder
    music
    picture
    psp
    video
    in that order plus
    mem stick.ind i believe is there but not needed for what i am looking to do.

8. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

just copy the m33-4 update files to psp/game 150 and place the plugin folder on the root of your ms,now go back into xmb scroll to game find m33 update press x thats it

9. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just drag the PSP folder that came in the M33-1234a folder to the folder that has all those folders listed. That is the ROOT.

All you are doing is replacing the PSP folder that is in your list above with the PSP folder in the M33-1234a folder.

An easier way to make sure your doing it correctly is to open up My Computer where it list all the Drive Letters on your computer. Just drag the PSP folder that is in the M33-1234a folder to the drive letter of your PSP MS.

When it ask to overwrite choose YES TO ALL. Then go to game menu on the PSP and run the M33-4 update.

UPDATE:
    I wouldn't worry about the plugin folder. That is to load the popsloader plugin for PSX games. Even if you want to run that plugin all the files needed is not in the update.

10. jclape

jclape Regular member

told me file corrupted

11. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Try it again. Format your MS and then drag that PSP folder to your PSP drive letter. Choose YES TO ALL when it ask to overwrite.

12. jclape

jclape Regular member

it never has asked me to over write either

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Then your doing something wrong.

Just drag the PSP folder that is inside the M33-1234a folder to your PSP MS drive letter. It should ask you to overwrite

14. jclape

jclape Regular member

went through all the steps again everything worked thanks you guys are the most patient people dealing with everyone who wants to do this kind of stuff.

15. jclape

jclape Regular member

can i delete the file out of the gaes now or does it need to stay i mean can i reformate the mem stick and get rid of that file?

16. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You should always reformat the MS after updating firmware.

So yes format the MS again it will create a few extra directory's on the PSP.

That is half the problem new users have after updating to new firmware. You tell them to put the ISO/CSO files into the ISO folder and they can't find it because they never formated there MS after updating so it would be created.

17. sicdude

sicdude Regular member

yes you can format your stick now if you want

18. jclape

jclape Regular member

i reformated stick tried putting one of the games that were not working still keeps saying no games in the mem game file i did already set to sony no umd any other suggestions?

19. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Well if other CSO games work and some don't then it is highly possible you have a bad rip. Find another source for the game.

20. jclape

jclape Regular member

ok any suggestions were to find games should i use the torrent download sites these games were given to me on 2 dvds i have just been trying to copy and paste them does it make a difference if i drag and drop them into the iso folder?