1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so confused!!!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by laura83, Oct 28, 2004.

1. laura83

laura83 Member

I just wanted to say firstly that this site is fab! I found it via a search engine as I was thinking about buying a mod chip for my PS2. Having discovered my PS2 doesn't play DVD-R's Afterdawn.com has not only saved me money, but has saved me hours of trying to get my PS2 to play my back-ups! So thank you!

But I do really want to get my PS2 to play back ups so what do I need to do? I know how to back up DVDs so i'm guessing that the process for PS2 games is similar. Please correct me if I'm wrong! I also have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to have to buy a new PS2 in order to do this!

Ok, so heres what I've got:

PS2 SCPH-39003
    slide card ( i don't feel confident enough to try anything more than that!!!)
    Sony DVD writer

So can someone please tell me what I need (in terms of different hardware) and what software is best. I have looked at different forums on here, but I'm still a bit confused!

Thanks, Laura x

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

3. laura83

laura83 Member

I read that and I am still a bit confused. sorry!

Will a new laser in my PS2 allow me to play DVD-Rs or should I just buy a new PS2??

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

scph-39xxx should be v7 this not only play dvd-r it also can play dvd+r...

slide card can damage the ejection pin... its the same pin you move every time you play a backup... top lid should be used... less problems that way if you dont want a chip....

clonecd
    alchol 120% with the playstaion2 profile
    nero 5/6
    all of them can copy cd and dvd based games

as for the lens that is not really a problem unless you get DRE(disk reading error) on normal original games...

lens for a ps2 cost from 50-60usd depending on what version it has to be...

on last note you should try booting dvd backup... if havent by now you never know if it will boto it not :p

hope this helps ^_^
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    need help?... click... >>>>>> http://tinyurl.com/43d2q <<<<< must have mirc installed to work....[/small]

Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  5. laura83

laura83 Member

cyprien, thanks so much for that reply. Your input has been very useful and I'm going to get a top lid. THanks again

6. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

hehe ^_^

7. laura83

laura83 Member

I just tried playing a different DVD-R on my PS2 and it worked fine. SO I was getting confused for nothing it seems! Sorry!!

8. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

remmber the brand of the dvd-r you used... if it works buy lots of that brand and play ^_^