1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so Lost.... can someone help me find the way

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by sharie_34, May 23, 2007.

1. sharie_34

sharie_34 Member

I have been reading and studying... but I still have no clue really on how to make back-up copies of my dvd's. I have downloaded the anydvd.. but thats as far as I have got.... Because I feel more in the dark now than I did 5 minutes ago. Is there a way to copy it. I have the 2 dvd writers. But I am having trouble figuring it out... Please help me find my way.

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You will need DVD Shrink to make the movie small enough to fit on a SL blank disc 4.7 gigs. use Verbatim DVDR- to start with and you need a burning program to burn the movie like Nero or DVD Decrypter there are some great guides on AD to help you along too they go into detail and have screen shots that show you step by step.Shrink and Decrypter are free programs Nero 6 or 7 is not free

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Oh yea I forgot you must have AnyDVD run in the background to get past the blocks (encryptions)

4. Shardel

Shardel Guest

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

just for fun..... since you downloaded AnyDVD and have a trial of 21 days.....download CloneDVD from the same website for it's 21 day trial too! here are some guides to help you along:
    http://webpages.charter.net/bacitup/Guides.htm
    the guides will teach you, step by step, how to use AnyDVD and CloneDVD to back up your disks! there is light at the end of the tunnel! After which you will have to decide to either buy AnyDVD and CloneDVD or use the free programs! check out the SOFTWARE button on the bottom of the Guide page! Welcome to Afterdawn.... happy burning...... and let us know on your progress!

6. sharie_34

sharie_34 Member

I wanted to thank everyone for the help. It took me a while but I finally caught on, Slow learner I suppose..
    I did download the anydvd and cloneDVD2 after the 21 days are up should I purchase both programs or just the anydvd..not sure about the free ones as far as which to go with. I do have a program DVD Ripper is that any good for what I am trying to do.

Also if anyone can help me with 1 other project... I am wanting to take VCR tapes of my children growing up and transfer them to DVDs how would I start there...or if there is a site for reading on it anything will help.
    But again... Thank You for all of the help.

7. sharie_34

sharie_34 Member

I did have 1 more question.. I was reading in one of thr forums and seen where someone was saying not to back up your dvd's put out by sony due to them placing a virus on your system... Is this true or should I avoid backing up any DVDs put out by sony.

And again you guys are great....I would have never got anything done with out ya'll....THANKS

8. Mossey

Mossey Member

@ Sharie34
    Thats a load of c**p, they may load there DVD's with loads of bogus cells and very heavy encryption but nothing that the programmes here and the experts at AD (and im not one of them!) cant handle. Happy Burning

9. ireland

ireland Active member

if any one trust sony are nuts,there are still fighting world war 2
    my take sony should be banned from the world..

Last edited: May 25, 2007
  10. sharie_34

sharie_34 Member

OK but what about transfering your VCR tapes on to DVD's is there a way to do this and if so what do I need to do to get this done.I have several VCR tapes that I recoreded of my children growing up and they love to watch some of the silly things they used to do. And as a gift to them I would love to make each of them a copy for them to share with thier children. I am getting ready to be a grand parent and this would mean a lot to me to be able to do this project Its just I have no clue as to where to begin..... Can some one please point me ion the right direction

11. sharie_34

sharie_34 Member

I don't mean VCR tapes that are copy righted.... These are home made tapes that I recorded of my children... playing, birthdays, plays, just all home tapes that... are so much fun to watch... just a way of remembering the silly things kids do.

12. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

that's a nice project. I took all my parents old 8mm film and transfered it to VHS in the 80s and in 1995 I transfered the VHS tape and some others onto DVD. I used a product called Dazzle bridge..... it hooked up your VCR to the Dazzle bridge and the bridge hooked up into the computer... it also gave you programs that would take the video from the VHS tapes and store it onto the computer. Then you can transfer that onto a DVD! It's not hard to do but I would go to CompUSA and speak to a sales person about the Dazzle Hollywood Bridge ... I'm sure by now it's called something else but it's put out by Dazzle! good luck.

13. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

Check at http://www.pinnaclesys.com

Studio movie box USB is the way to go.

Dazzle DVD Recorder (at the same site) May be better and cheaper at $50 USD.

If you have a camcorder you could hook it up to your VHS player and to your Computer, then pass it through to NERO, maybe without DAZZLE. It depends on how new the camcorder is

Last edited: May 29, 2007
  14. IHoe

IHoe Senior member