1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I... am so lost...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by AparoidX, May 20, 2007.

1. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Okay, I'm somewhat familiar with homebrew; I run it on my DS.

But obviously, the PSP is not the DS. I've been interested in PSP Homebrew for a while, but never really did anything.

So I decided to take action. Apparently you need a certain version of the firmware. Which version is highly suggested for me?

And, once I have that certain firmware version, how do I play homebrew games?

I have found no tutorial that helps at all, and I deeply appreciate any form of help whatsoever.

-aparoid_x-

2. sniperM09

sniperM09 Member

first check what firware your psp is by going to system information in the setting menu

3. drakex

drakex Regular member

Best firmwares 1.50 and 3.10oe or 3.40oe

You just need to copy paste the iso/cso files to your ISO folder... thats it... you will go to your game icon and open the memory stick with X you will see the games loading there.

4. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

I have version 3.01, according to the System Information on my system.

Which version is best for running ISO's?
    Which is best for running homebrew?

5. TheBoon

TheBoon Member

Me too, i am fairly apt at using a pc but im a psp noob, i no where to get iso's on the web but there is all these conflicting guides that say u need to downgrade, u need devhook, u need 3.03 oe c, e ab bla bla bla. and then they say if u brick it sorry too bad. I want to play iso's on my psp but without easy step by step guide on how to install and setup the firmware i will wait for the time being. if some one could help me plese im me at Boonie5@hotmail.com

6. drakex

drakex Regular member

After 3.10 OE - A you dont need Devhook that much, the isos and cso will run with no problem, so far... so yes you need to do a mixup problem, like if it is 2.6 or 2.8 you need to downgrade it to 1.5 and then upgrade it to 3.10 OE... its complicated a friend helped me and we were succesfull I am hoping he can help me tomorrow do the upgrade to 3.40 OE hope it works fine... so for NO DEVhook is best from 3.10 OE and up. Hope this helps you...

7. TheBoon

TheBoon Member

can u point me in the direction of a guide that helps u change the firmwares that is idiotproof ? thanx drakex

8. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  9. drakex

drakex Regular member

Well those are really good placed to do it. Instead of 3.03 oe you can change it to 3.10 oe or higher, its kinda pain in the back as you have to make sure to follow everysingle procedure... or you might brick your sistem... so make sure to do it carefully.

10. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Gah... I really don't want to risk bricking my system...

Somehow PSP homebrew doesn't appeal to me now. :\

11. drakex

drakex Regular member

There is a light chance to brick it if you turn the PSP off during the process... so no it wont happen like that, now the pros are that you will be able to play games from your backups and run the emulators... you will have a better interface so, its up to you... to be honest its a worthy risk to take... I will advise you to think about it a few times and get a friend that has already done that, so you get the support, its best. :)

12. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Well, I can't say I use my PSP as much as I'd like to, and I don't really have a friend that uses PSP homebrew (and the like), let alone a good friend that actually has a PSP xD, plus nobody in my family uses it (except my little brother, but he plays it very rarely).

So, I guess I don't have much to lose. I'll remember to keep it plugged into the wall when I'm messing with it on the PC, though, since I don't want it to shut off randomly like it always does. :p

13. drakex

drakex Regular member

Remember, battery must be at 75% at least, you need to upgrade to 2.80 oe if you are at 2.60 or 2.71 here is sort of easy, then you need to downgrade to 1.50 this is the difficult part... then you need to upgrade to 3.10... there are several forums here explaining you how to do it... just 2 advises, put the psp on a table with nothing else near it, you dont want the power button to go down, try not to touch it while its working and keep it always connected to the AC...

The whole process will take you around 45 minutes, anyways what firmware do you have?

14. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Okay, thanks.

:p Would you mind staying on a little longer? I'm still trying to absorb everything...

Btw I have version 3.01.

Edit: Dang. I can't find my charger anywhere. Poop!

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  15. drakex

drakex Regular member

Okay, you hit me there, dont know how to downgrade, you need to go to 1.5 before going to 3.10oe, by the way news, I just got my psp to 3.40 oe, its working greatly!

16. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Sweet. Too bad I still can't find my cable... >.>

I wish I could charge it with another of those USB cables; I have 4 of 'em...

17. drakex

drakex Regular member

Well they are cheap so you can go to www.ebay.com and get any, they are pretty cheap!

18. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Well, I got $50 yesterday, so I could just buy a cheap one at EB Games for about $10...

But I'm saving it for a 360.

19. drakex

drakex Regular member

PS3 is the future dude!

20. AparoidX

AparoidX Member

Don't get me wrong, the PS3 is awesome, but I don't even have enough for it, let alone games and stuff. I'll consider getting one after I get used to my 360. :)