1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am trying to back up a DVD which is from Asia

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by twofake, Sep 11, 2004.

1. twofake

twofake Member

I am trying to back up my DVD which is a Kung Fu movie purcahsed from Asia. It is NTSC, all regions, DVD - 9.
    I think it is of dubious quality as there are a few areas which jitter when the movie is played on the home player. I was hoping that a backup would improve playback.

However, the problem is that when I try encoding it (there is no Encryption) using DVD Shrink 3.1, at 82%, this message always comes up:

"DVD Shrink encountered an error and cannot continue. Failed to read file "D:\".Data error (cyclic redundancy check)."

Does this mean I cannot back this up? Or can I do so with another program? Or is there some way of bypassing that error? I do not really care if the movie has a small glitch.

I did try this same thing on another Asian Kung Fu movie which also stops at another spot. These are proper bought movies which I don't think are pirated copies but I think the quality of production is poor. Maybe poorly factory pressed?

2. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried cleaning the discs? You could also try ripping with DVD Decrypter and ignore errors.

3. twofake

twofake Member

The discs are fairly new and cleaning makes no difference.The quality of the disc does not look A1.
    I have never used DVD Decrypter. Does this allow me to ignore errors?