1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am trying to fix my xbox.......

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by xboxgama, May 25, 2007.

1. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

I accidently Deleted my xbox dashboard and I made a replacement hd with all the xbox files but I can't make the c partition because then I would have to change my computer hd's letter. Is there any kind of linux where I can change the letter from a boot cd or disk.

2. jengo

jengo Member

ouch, thats a tough situation to get out of, but try using any PC linux distro to edit your partitions, i dont know if they allow you to change the drive letter without formatting though

I remember in the old Windows 98 days there were options to change your drive letters, but i dont know if xp can do it.

3. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

use xbox hdm and u put in the files you had in c and e drive along with your linux.bin (if u don't have that u have to do a hotswap) then it will create the harddrive for you ready to put it in your xbox. or you can hotswap with your original xbox hd and put c drive back in.

4. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

Oh so if I have the files I can use a linux to make the c partition.

5. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

All you need is the drive you want to format connected to the primary IDE cable and set the jumper settings to master. The cd/dvd drive connected to the secondary IDE cable and thats it. You do not have to change your pc hard drive letter because the pc drive is going to stay disconnected it wont be affected by the lunix iso using xboxhdm.

6. locobrown

locobrown Regular member

Just reformat the xbox hard drive, using the eeprom. Loading the files using the lunix iso. Its impossible to change a pc hard drive letters physically without formatting. At "My Computer" it will show your partitions with the letters swapped if you did so, but if you hit "start", "run" and type "fdisk", the partion table will be displayed and you'll notice that the letters have not been changed at all.

Last edited: May 26, 2007
  7. shinnster

shinnster Regular member

Its not impossible to change a pc's hard drive lettrs without reformatting but there is no need to do that.

@ xboxgama

can you still load an original in your box? if you can,you can use the softmod exploit and load linux, you can then ftp into your xbox and replace your xbox's c drive that way.

8. xboxgama

xboxgama Guest

I tried that but when I try to load a game it still as the error message. I think I know how to fix it but I just need the find the right partitioning software. I found out I can run the partitioning software on a boot disk running windows pe.