1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am very confused please help me!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chain87, Jun 21, 2007.

1. chain87

chain87 Member

Ok here is the deal.
    I have a V4 "Fat" PS2.
    I also have Swap Magic 3.8 with CODER.
    I use Maxell DVD+Rs.
    I have DVDLoaderv7all burn to one of my DVD+Rs
    I burned DVDLoader at the speed of 2.4x useing DVD Decrypter.

Now I was wondering how exactly to use DVDLoader and if my Maxell DVD+Rs are good enough. I use DVD Decrypter to burn at 2.4x because that is the only speed it is compatible with for some reason. I have heard of ZoneLoader but I don't know what it is or where to get it. I have an Externel Seagate 80GB HD and I was wondering where I can find a DVD Loader .elf and if it would be easier. Thanks for anyone who can help me out!

2. chain87

chain87 Member

Oh and I'm not sure if DVD-R's work because I have tried Memorex and they don't work for sure.

3. HG27

HG27 Guest

Ok so you only have the cd version of swapmagic v3.8?
    Because that is the only reason I can think of that you would want to use DVDLoader.
    Now about the maxell discs. I would not recommend memorex or maxell, and you should probably stick with DVD-R's. They seem to have a higher compatibility with the ps2.

For external hard drive, I wouldn't even bother with that as it will be used through the ps2's usb port and the games will be slower than if read off disc. The only program I can think of that will let you use an external hard drive is usbextreme.

Is there a specific game you are trying to load?

4. chain87

chain87 Member

The Game I tried to load first was DBZ Budokai 3 I probably burned it wrong or someting. I guess I'll find some Verbatim DVD-Rs then. And I have both the CD and DVD of Swap magic. So If I have both do I even need DVDLoader? Come to think of it I haven't even tried to load any other kind of DVD-R. Silly me!

5. chain87

chain87 Member

The only problem is my friend's computer only burns DVD+Rs. So I could try Verbatim DVD+Rs and hope they work.

6. HG27

HG27 Guest

Yeah, if you have both swapmagic disc's then dvdloader is not needed. DVDloader is only needed if you only have the swapmagic cd, but want to play a dvd based game. Also there is CDloader which is when you only have the swapmagic dvd, but want to play a cd based game.

You should try burning your games with Imgburn instead of DVD Decrypter. The reason being is that Imgburn gets updated, while DVD Decryter stopped updating a long time ago. Imgburn is made by the same author as DVD Decrypter as well (UK Lightning!) so that is good to know.

As for the the Verbatim's (DVD+R), some people say that DVD+R's work great for their ps2 but i've seen more success with DVD-R's. Verbatim and Tanyo Yuden are the best for ps2 games. I burn my games at 4X with Imgburn and use Sony DVD-R's and have yet to have a problem.

7. chain87

chain87 Member

Hey man I am very thanful for your response. I am pretty sure DVD+Rs work on my PS2 but I'll use your advice. I will also experiment with other things cause it is kind of fun. I hope one day I'll be able to help other people out the way you helped me.

8. HG27

HG27 Guest

Glad to be of assistance. :)