1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought a 50 pack of Memorex DvD+R and none of the disks work

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 12ick2000, Mar 31, 2005.

1. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

ok so a couple weeks ago i bought a 50 pack of memorex dvd+rs and when ever i make a dvd or data disk or game back up they come out blank. When the Disks pop out of my Comp i can see the "Burnt" area but when ever i try any of then they dont work and appear blank. even my comp that i used to burn them shows them as blank and unwritable.. any suggestions??? im really angry that i wasted 20 bucks on these disks . any help would be greatly appreciated -RICK

2. shady78

shady78 Regular member

what drive you got in your box i use same disc and every disc works fine in my samsung drive

3. kratam04

kratam04 Member

is it saying unknown when you put the disk in your xbox drive? If it is then try using the DVD-R disks instead. I had the same problem and it sorted it for me. I think its due the type of media that your DVD rewriter can read.
    Hope this sorts it for you.

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

Considering you bought Memorex, that might just be your problem :p

But seriously, you should try DVD-R if DVD+R isn't working for you, as long as you don't get memorex :p

5. Bubba1982

Bubba1982 Regular member

I was just about to say that the problem might be that they are memorex. But quadratic seems to have beaten me to it. lol. There is a whole thread devoted to slagging off memorex. Maybe some of the guys in there may be able to help.

6. blocparty

blocparty Member

ive got datawrite dvd+r and when i play my game it sometimes says that the disk is dirty or damaged. should i try dvd-r? or what should i do?
    the files are correct tho!

7. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

thanks guys, but um its outside of my xbox too. when ever i put the newly burnt dvd+r , with music on it, back into my computer it dosent read it. i guess this is becuase its memerex just as quadratic said. i might try to call memorex and see if they can send me free dvd-r in compensation for their crappy dvd+rs

thanks, Rick

8. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

3 words.... MEMOREX SUCKS ASS. Nuff said. Change your brand, go with Verbatim, they are one of the best available, along with Ritek.

9. JaySrt4

JaySrt4 Member

I use tdk either + or - r with no problems what so ever. I also can burn at max speed with no problems.

10. mdsup

mdsup Guest

i have used memorex dvd-r and dvd+r for just about everything and have never had a problem...i use a lite-on burner...all games play in my xbox, all movies have played in every dvd player i have put them in...have not tried music...i think each brand of burner prefers certain media types.

11. BR7

BR7 Regular member

Thats why you gotta try small ammounts before buying em in bluk. That really sucks that they don't work. Does anything work on it? Like back up some crap, like your docs folder, and see if your PC reads it.

But i'd be vicious when contacting Memorex, if they don't even read PC content, I'd get a refund, not an exchange for Memorex-R's. Try different brands in small ammounts first. When one brand works consistantly over and over again.. buy in bulk.

12. 12ick2000

12ick2000 Member

yeh it kinda sucks... i have tried verbatim and they are great - and + so i think im gunna stick with those. as far as the refund ,.. bestbuy isnt the politest store when it comes to that. so i still need to get around to calling memorex headquaters and see if they can do anything about this. anyway thx for the advice

13. punqewe

punqewe Active member

never had any problems with memorex+R's. (with sammy/thompson/and philips)