1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought my dvd burner but have no idea what to do next

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bree23, Feb 5, 2007.

1. bree23

bree23 Member

I have my dvd burner and I wasnt to burn movies off ares but I have no idea how to encrypt the files so they will play in my dvd player..... I am very stuck can somebody please help me

2. b_rad

b_rad Member

depending on what sort of file you are putting into the burner, you may have to convert the file into dvd format eg. video ts and audio ts folders(vob) i use vso divxtodvd to convert. its free and allways works for me.

3. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Please do some home work and start reading the guides on After Dawn then post your problem

4. b_rad

b_rad Member

like me i seek a simple answer to a simple question. the guides are there for resources but the forum offers a more interactive response ya know "no B/S" most people want more outta their internet than to sit around reading software manuals all day. are you saying that the 500 000 or so people that have posted shouldnt have. did you read the manual before you drove a car? probably not did you post on the forums when you were a newbie? did you find out what ya wanted to know or did you know all the answers already stop makin people feel like idiots just cos you dont have a life.

5. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

b_rad what the hell is your problem? How about you get a Life. When you post try and give a little help. bree23 needs to do a little homework if they have no idea what to do what.We can't read minds .I don't hafta make you feel like an idiot. Go do your bitchin somewhere else not on me. READ THE GUIDES then post.

6. b_rad

b_rad Member

sorry rbrock, i deserved that youre totally right i feel shame it was not cool to say that to you bro. can you forgive me please. i had a similar problem to bree a short while back and thought i could help.
    peace bro

7. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Peace, we try to help and it's free

8. b_rad

b_rad Member

and so it should be. i will only pay for the solution.

9. bree23

bree23 Member

Thank toy, so this is my proble I use nero vision express and childrens movies burn and ather one says errors I could copy and paste it if you think you could help

10. johnnyd54

johnnyd54 Regular member

What burner-what firmware-what software for burning? like rbrock said ought to do a little reading in order to know what to ask and what info you need to give for help. JMO

11. bree23

bree23 Member

I am using nero 6.0 with nero vision express 2 I have downloaded nero video plug in but I can't seem to get it to work. IS there an easier free burning program that encrypts my video files?? Sorry that I do not know very much about this, but I am new and trying to learn....

12. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Download DSVDShrink DVD Decrypter Ripit4me FixVTS update Nero to 6.6.0.18 These Tools are a must you still will have to read the Guides on the programs to get the hang of them and how set them up, the Guides show you step by step how to do this If do this you will be able to rip and burn movies .Can you burn a disc with music on it ?

13. Mez

Mez Active member

Everyone new to a somewhat complicated technology really needs to do some homework. You really can't rely on others to do your thinking for you. Unfortunatly, even the easiest of technologies mentioned in these forums is not JUST pushing buttons. You need to understand some basic concepts. I was trying to help a real fool in a different forum on this board. The person was unwilling to to do that. The moderator politely reamed the person out fairly hard. I never saw anything like that on this board. It was actually the help he or she needed. After that, the person started to think. He discovered that he was trying to use the wrong tool for the job. The 'technicalities' he did not care about were the problem. This became apparent after he went to the effort to discover the file extentions of the files.

We are here to help you but not think for you. With out you being cognisant of what you are doing we can't help you because we can't see what is on your computer screen.

14. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

Thanks Mez, I been trying to help this guy I got chewed out by b_rad and bree23 seems to think with one click of the mouse it will get done for him. bree23 the tools are here use them, I will ask agin can you burn anything like music or pictures files?

15. zeiram

zeiram Guest

hi bree23,
    Lets see if we can help you.

For starters what are your pc stats?

This is the most general question asked.If your pc stats are to low then it will be harder for you to complete the encoding and ultimately the burn.

If you right click : my computer on your desk top and select the properties tab you will see another window pop up.Now all you need to do is jot down the sats for us and pop them into your next reply.

Once we know what we have to play with then we can start to assist you.

You mention you have attempted to use nero, when the burn fails can you copy and paste the log file into your next post.I'll get gwendolin and a couple of others to disect the log and the added info will be of benefit for you

As for your file, heres a free converter that should be able to convert your avi (if it is) to mpeg2 so that then nero will recognise it as being in the right format for burning.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/video_encoders/vso_divxtodvd_free.cfm

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2007
  16. Mez

Mez Active member

RBROCK, it was clear to me what was going on you were giving excellent advice and it was not being received well. I felt compelled to put in my 2 cents as a public service. B_rad did have the sense to to back off so I figure he is all right but you never know if some other bone-head is also tuned in. The guides are not perfect. They are not professionally created. However, only a fool would refuse to read a guide if he or she is not successful with a product. I have seen more newbies with aditudes in the last 6 months than I have in the last few years. There are so many things that can trip you up, like marginal media that it pays to learn from other's mistakes. Most problems are not new. People complain about the same problems every day. I would suggest checking out the Shrink forum for all newbies. The formun is very diverse and not too techie.

17. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

18. zeiram

zeiram Guest

gentlemen ive been here 5 years and even though we have processes in motion where people are recommended to use the search and try to find there answers etc, a lot of people wont and so we have to adjust the way we answer there questions . You cant expect people who are new to the site to adhere to 'use the search function' or expect to get anywhere when people post

'did you read the manual before you drove a car? probably not did you post on the forums when you were a newbie? did you find out what ya wanted to know or did you know all the answers already stop makin people feel like idiots just cos you dont have a life'

This isnt warranted and you should stop the bitchin and make the new members feel welcome.It really does show you all in a bad light you know

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Well I am not sure who exactly you are referring to?
    You are 100% correct and it should be every member’s responsibility to point this out and that these are in the rules @ AD. I myself didn't even post on AD for over a year because anything I needed to find out was already answered. It wasn’t until I was more knowledgeable that I started posting here to try and help.

Why can't we? I for one expect it, but it usually doesn't happen. Don't you even get a little tired sometimes of seeing the same questions being asked over and over? Not to mention how much time and space is being wasted on these same answers being regurgitated all over the forum.

Well as a matter of fact I did.

WTF did that have to do with anything? If you feel like an idiot because you didn't read and follow the rules that is your own fault and nobody else’s. I don't pretend to know all and I surely do not try to make anyone feel like an idiot. If merely pointing out to someone to read a few guides’ firsts makes them feel dumb or like an idiot then there might just be a problem with that user.

Again I am not 100% sure who you are talking to about this, but I have to take a little offense to this whole statement. I always make new members feel welcome and help out where I can. As far as showing me or someone in a bad light, well if that's how you feel then so be it I for one am not here to win any popularity contest because I do have a life! :)

Now @bree23
    Here is some help for you check this out My Guides these are some guides I designed specifically with newbie’s in mind. They are very easy to follow and use. All the software you will need is located there as well. Consider it a one stop shop for your entire DVD backing up needs.

Good luck :)

20. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You can't post ever mouse click on burning to each newbie nobody has that much time and the Guides are already here they show you step by step what more do you want ? Come to your house and do it for you. The world's knowledge is lock up in books READ and you shall learn grasshopper and then if you need help Post . I thought read the guide on the problem was a good answer I was not trying to be a smart ass when someone on AD told me to read the guide I said COOL, they have Guides, man this is great.