1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i bricked my ps3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by edjazzie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. edjazzie

edjazzie Member

ive just bricked my ps3, i once have linux yelow dog installed , but later i formated hdd, couse i didnt want to have linux anymore... today i was looking in the settings and i saw something like other os, so i clicked and then the ps3 restarted with linux i get stocked at the prompt part ... so i turned the ps3 off, then when i tried to turn on the ps3 i got a blank screen... i'm really desperated, i got crazy ,, you guys have any idea about what can i do ?

2. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Try completely removing all power to reset it, then try to boot it up.

3. edjazzie

edjazzie Member

already tried , but nothing

4. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Hmm, well I'm just shooting the breeze here but my thought is that it is trying to load linux when you boot it up but linux is damaged. However, I would think resetting it would make it boot to the XMB. Sorry but I really have no idea whats going on.

5. edjazzie

edjazzie Member

im good now.... thank you so much for your help .... i was so desperated that i couldnt think... First i turned the system off, and then i held the power button for 5 seconds or so ... then the systen returned for game os... my mistake was that i was holding the power button after turning the system on, but i was supposed to do that from the time that i turned the system on, i mean, i was supposed to keep my finger in that button since the first time, you know from the very benning

6. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

I couldnt really understand that. So what you did was just reset it so it boots the XMB instead of the "other os"?

7. edjazzie

edjazzie Member

ok, let me try to explain it... the right thing to do : 1st, turn off the systen ; 2nd, hold the turn on button until the time of the game os boot. what i did wrong: 1st ok... 2nd, ive just turned on, couple of seconds after that, i went back to the turn on button and pressed(hold) it for 5 secs, i heard 1 bip than for more 10 secs the systen was turned off. did you get what was my mistake ?

8. WierdName

WierdName Regular member

Ok, I get it. So all you did was reset it to load into the XMB. Well thats nice to hear you got it working.