1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I BRICKED MY PSP PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by patulli10, Mar 18, 2007.

1. patulli10

patulli10 Member

hi guys im really depressed becuz its been over 2 weeks since i brick my psp and i lost the bill for my psp and i have no warranty on it and i cant contact sony i live in montreal qc and wat happned was i tried download an xmb theme but its only for firmware 3.03 oe -c and i have 3.10 oe-a and so i downloaded it on my psp and then it would only show the background of the theme when i turned on my psp and thats all it didn't show like system settings video music game etc, so then i went to recovery mode and toggled the usb on and i saw some random folders so then i deleted them and then i turned on my psp and it wasjust a black screen and the green power light stayed on and i cant use recovery mode anymore and im rly freaking out can anybody PLEAAAASEEE help me i need major help and apparently its 120 bucks to fix it and i dont want to spend too much money to fix it is there anything i can do plz reply or email me at patulli10@hotmail.com thanks you guys please help me!!

2. MikehMike

MikehMike Guest

Because you can't get to Recovery Mode anymore you are 100% Grade A screwed.

Don't delete things if you you don't know what you're doing. ><

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2007
  3. pecavuk

pecavuk Guest

dude,why the hell did you try to put a xmb to your psp.dont do things that arent improtant.Youre totally screwed.

4. MikehMike

MikehMike Guest

Well its okay to get XMB's if you read the readme, and you should've been on 3.03 OE C in the first place because nothing works for 3.10 OE

5. GTO7

GTO7 Member

YOU are soooo fucked. You got your PSP bricked.
    =(

6. staxx

staxx Regular member

I'm assuming you flashed a topmenu_plugin.rco to your psp since it originally semi bricked and your icons disappeared. Try returning it to walmart and say you dont have the receipt. Tell them it was a gift and that you would like to exchange it for a new one because when you turned it on it didnt work...Note for the next time, dont delete files...copy over them instead with the original. And remember, topmenu_plugin.rco is not able to work on 3.10.

7. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

and and why the HELL did u even start deleting folders that u didn't even know about?? wow...i bet that the folders u deleting are for flash0 and flash1, ur psp is bricked, get a new one, and get real, don't delete folders u don't know

8. ryrug

ryrug Member

instead of everyone ripping him a new one, why not offer help? i;m sure he's aware now that he screwed up, but lame comments like "dude, your 100% screwed", is just plain lame. anyways, enuff of that... here's what i suggest. easy, pain free, but does require you to "pony up" 150 for a new one. go to your local walmart,or target.purchase a new psp,go home, swap your bricked psp.drive back down to walmart/target explain some BS story "i already got one,the person you got for has one", etc. BAM. new psp,money returned from walmart/target. i've done thos twice with psp's, and numerous times with other products. you pay cash, you get cash.credit./debit.goes back to your card.check,i believe they mail you money back.so go with cash/card. hope this helps you, and others in "enjoying" walmart/targets return policies

9. grokki

grokki Member

yea you sure tried to give him a better solution

on how to steal in walmart ....

10. ryrug

ryrug Member

...was just trying to offer an alternative...
    and like wal mart doesnt "steal". is there a problem stickin' it to a major corporation? i suppose you buy all your games, music, movies and what not.
    anyways, flame away. for those who think like me, thanks for not flaming.
    ...just remembered why i dont post here.
    if any other "brickers" need help, check the forums at psphacks.great site,good help,nice peeps for the most part.

11. paul91

paul91 Regular member

yep ive done that twice over here in the UK ;) (i did it in a shop called Woolworths tho)

the shop assistants were so dumb they didnt even check if the PSP was in the box!!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  12. MikehMike

MikehMike Guest

This is actually the worst post in the thread.

13. ik0n

ik0n Member

ouch, sorry to hear that.. your screwed! =(
    no offense, but why delete random files ?