1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i broke my PS2..... i think

Discussion in 'PS2' started by titoman, May 8, 2007.

1. titoman

titoman Member

Well yesterday my baby sister dropped my ps2 while i was playin, and i jsut kept playin... but turns out the dvd wouldn't eject... so i decided to open it... i fixed the eject thing, a white pin under the tray came out of its place... anyways while doin that i realized that i took the silver strip out... so after doin some research on the net, i found out where to put it back and i did... put it got really messy while i was tryin to put it in...
    i put the ps2 back together and then hooked it up... the red light is on.. but when i hit on it to open it, it turns green for like 3-5 seconds and then goes back to red...

any way to fix this problem?
    and i just got the guitar hero 2 days ago, and i really wanna play it...lol

thnx for the answers....

2. titoman

titoman Member

also the ps2 is the old big one... i think it's like version 7

3. JYP666

JYP666 Member

I Had a problem with my disc tray not opening. All i have to do is press eject and hit the PS2 sign with my hand. The problem with your PS2 is that it maybe shorting out. My friend had one the same. But heres a word of advice NEVA open something electric without checking that there is any wires attached to the side you are lifting off. Other than that take it to an electrician. From J.Y.P 666