1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I burned a backup of Freestyle Metal X, but it won't play.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jay33, Jul 2, 2003.

1. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I used dvd decrypter and have used that program to backup many games. I have a flip-top and swap magic 2.0 discs. When I try and play Freestyle Metal X, I get a blue border, but after that the screen goes black and that's it. Anybody know what's up? I tried to use cd loader also, but still had no success.

2. billz

billz Active member

what speed did you burn at?

3. jay33

jay33 Regular member

2X.I burn all my backups at 2x. I've done several with no problems until this game.

4. billz

billz Active member

do you do four swaps with cd loader

5. billz

billz Active member

swap cd 2 cd loader 2 swap dvd 2 freestyle backup

6. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I tried the cd loader method, but no dice. I know I'm doing it right and it will work, since I use the cd loader to boot up Hitman2 & Tomb Raider.

7. billz

billz Active member

8. jay33

jay33 Regular member

billz, I've done alot of discs with dvd decrypter and never had a problem. I had no errors when ripping, nor did I get any errors while burning. I think the disc is fine, so I really don't want to waste another dvd trying some other program.

9. billz

billz Active member

i was just recomending it because i have copied games that people have said don't work with this and they work flawlessly ex. simpsons skateboarding but it's up to you.
    just problem sloving.
    was your orginal free of scratches

10. jay33

jay33 Regular member

Yep. Like I also said, I didn't get any errors while decrypting or burning, so I can't understand what the problem could be.

11. spikeleee

spikeleee Member

This particular game will not work as backup using fliptop and MSD, period.

12. jay33

jay33 Regular member

And why is that?

13. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

If the game gets a blue border then it is definately capable of loading and being played. When it gets a blue border and just blacks out like that it's almost alway a touchy problem in the burning process. Problems such as not burning an image file to the HD first, the software program(even if your program worked for all you other games), not burning at 1X(There are games out there where if you burn it at 2X it will not work whereas if you burn it at 1X it will), and also it can be the type of disc brand you are burning too (Fujifilm, Memorex, Ritek, and Verbatim are all good brands). The thing to realise it that there are some games out there that will not work with your particular method of burning games even if the method worked for like 50 other games. Maybe Freestyle Metal X is one of those games. _X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  14. billz

billz Active member

spike lee right i'll get back to you if there's any breakthru's.

p.s.spike i'd change your name before spike sues you for defaming his name lol

15. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

spikelee - how do you know this for sure? Not that i'm doubting you, but sharing what proof you have would be valuable to forum users.

Hanedrick - very well said, i cant remember how many times i've tried to relay that exact messege.

16. billz

billz Active member

Has anyone been able to burn a copy of Freestyle Metal X to DVD? It's a huge file at 4.69gb. I have wasted two discs trying and still nada. Everything else works fine, so it has to be something with this particular title.

Any info would helpful.

thanks n peace,
    /garo
    if this is true swapmagic disk is only 4.35gb and you can't play games over 4.35 just like

17. Hanedrick

Hanedrick Regular member

I don't think that the game is that large. That might just be the size of the image file. for example when I burned an image file of gta vice city it was 4.67gb large but when I looked at the backup after the game had been copied it was only 4.34gb large._X_X_X_X_X_[small]You are probably wondering how I came up with the name Hanedrick. Well... the name Hanedrick is a very distorted version of my sisters name and I call her that whenever I want to get on her nerves which is like 24/7.
    Version 5 ps2.
    Fliptop Cover/smd[/small]

Last edited: Jul 7, 2003
  18. spikeleee

spikeleee Member

I have tried burinig this with 3 different dvd-r media using pioneer ao3 at 1x. Also tried DVD decrypter, Burn Max pro with blue border and black screen of abyss. I think this one is one of those disk that has code for double checking the authenticity. If anyone is able to get a working copy on a version 7 ps2 with fliptop and msd, you will be my hero.

19. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

i think its one game that wont be backed up as out of such a big list its 1 that many people havent got to work

20. billz

billz Active member

here's a solution for all you how are desperate
    "I tried with swap magic and the cd loader with no success. But i did get it to boot with devil may cry and gameshark disk using the 2 many codes boot method...I have a v5 ps2 with a nosoderchip and a gs2 v2.0...Hope this helps you guys" quote_X_X_X_X_X_[small]think before you speak don't speak before you think[/small]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2003