1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I burned a dvd-r but nothing shows up in the drive

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jacko21, Dec 24, 2003.

1. Jacko21

Jacko21 Member

I just burned a dvd-r in easy cd creator 6, in data mode. After it finished recording, the drive showed up as empty. This is the second time ive tried to burn something with my new burner. The first time, i used dvdxcopy platinum to copy LOTR TTT, and after it finished burning, i could open the disc in windows explorer to see the folders but it would not work in any dvd player, whether on my tv or in my computers. Can anyone help me?

2. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Jacko21,

It appears that the answer lies in your question -

DVD Xcopy and Xpress don't get along with many other programs, in particular, Roxio. That's why almost everyone here uses Nero, CloneDVD, RecordNow Max or Burnatonce (not to be used with windows XP) for their burning software.

Check this warning about Roxio -

DVD X COPY CONFLICTS
    http://dvdxcopy.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/49910

Blacklist

The following programs can cause problems while using our software. Your situation sounds like one of these are installed:
    . Direct CD or Drag to Disk: These are applications from Easy CD Creator from Roxio. To remove them you need to do to Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel. There you can select Easy CD Creator to change, not remove. Then you must click next until it gives you the option to modify. Then either Direct CD or Drag to Disk should be selected and changed to "make this option not available". Then click next and while the program may look like it is installing, it is removing those options. One thing to remember is that both Direct CD and Drag to Disk will not be installed at the same time. For more information, please visit Roxio's website at http://www.roxio.com/en/support.index.jhtml

I suggest that you use DVD XCopy programs in their entirety to backup your DVD's -

OR

Use DVDShrink and then Nero to do your DVD Backups

Merry Christmas,
    "P"