1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can answer no solder mod questions for anyone!

Discussion in 'PS2' started by retslig, Apr 30, 2003.

1. retslig

retslig Member

I have gotten the pnp no solder to work on any V5, V6, V7 ps2's. I have a memorex dvd+r burner and use nero. i use the swap magic disc and works perfect everytime. Both the cdr and dvd backups work great. send me a thread if you have ant questions!
    Good luck

2. telescope

telescope Regular member

Hi
    I hav Ar2 v2 with me
    Will this pnp key work fine my Ps2
    I hav v5/v6 with me
    Can i play every sought of game cd r DVD+r
    DVD-r
    Can it also play DVD rips
    Or just should i go for a soldering chip

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

do you know what fuse on the board that a no-solder chip pops? i've had a no-solder blow 2 of my V7 PS2's and i never found the problem. i'm assuming it's a fuse because i had no power, no lights, no nothing. any diagrams would be nice.

4. retslig

retslig Member

Telescope,
    I have had great luck with my no solder pnp chip. But i used the swap magic cds. I have heard that the Ar2 will play all games. except rippped dvds, which i havnt heard if it will or wont play. But if you want the best luck you probably should go with a soldering chip. I have had great luck with with my no solder though. I hope i helped.

5. retslig

retslig Member

I have heard of this problem. I have never had this happen. but here is a site you can try. It is pretty usefull. You might have to look around a little though. http://www.psxrepair.com/shop/Parts2064.htm
    This site shows how to repair.

6. ub2cool4u

ub2cool4u Guest

What games does the no solder modchip/swap magic not play? Will it be able to play ALL imports, and copied games?

7. uofakron

uofakron Guest

help please!
    dvd-r media
    burned with nero
    pnp no-soder modchip

Ive tried exhaustively to get my dvd-r single session discs of dragon ball z
    and splinter cell to work .

summary: the ps2 clicks and grinds (sounds like the cd cannot be read) and
    the
    instructions only work with original games and not backups. the eject button
    does not change change color to eject, nor does it wait 3-5 seconds but a
    speedily consistant 2 seconds before the door opens or closes. the insert
    disk
    screen is off centered to the lower right of the tv, when a original dvd-rom
    is
    inserted the background turns from black to blue and loads fine, but when a
    backup is inserted the background changes to pink and hangs.

I really want this to work and am available to try any suggestions
    applicable.

here is the serial # and model # repectively u6910590 scph-39001

8. retslig

retslig Member

ub2cool4u
    I havent had any games that i burned not work. They all have workeed great

9. retslig

retslig Member

uofakron
    what start up disk do you use? I assume its swap magic by the sounds. If the screen is off centered and and the button only stays for 2 secs Im guessing you got a bad chip. I would write the people you got it from and ask for a new one because this one is bad. However I use DVD+R and havnt had much luck with DVD-R I tried some as well and couldnt get them to work. If you can get your hand on a DVD+R I would try and se if that makes a diffrence. Next, How did you burn the games with nero. On the fly is not good always goto to hard drive and then burn the image. Lots bette results. If these dont work write back.

10. amunra

amunra Member

Will the no soldermod work on v7 with a gameshark2 disc? I had it working on a v4, but my v4 crapped out and the repair guy has no idea why, so have to buy a new one.

11. Chelica

Chelica Member

I was wondering, with the No Solder modchip and Gameshark as my choice of swap tool, am I still able to use codes for the games that I am booting with the Gameshark? Or will the Gameshark just become a swapping tool? Thanks in advance.

12. johnb2003

johnb2003 Guest

Retslig...

Answer these ones please...

I have PS2 v4, v5, and v7... (all PAL) all fitted with R-Key and using Swap Magic Discs v2.0.

the following games load but crash when i press new game... Splinter Cell, Unreal Tournament.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2 does not boot at all also.

Is there anywhere on the net for getting patch files for the first two games to remove double-protection from the images?

I think the soccer game is a media issue, although i am using Ritek discs, some people seem to think that Verbatim dvd-r are better. Any ideas?

13. Chelica

Chelica Member

Found my answer, You can not use Gameshark as a cheating device with the No Solder modchip.