1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I CAN BACKUP PS2 GAMES WITH SONY DRU-170A

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by danny23, Mar 17, 2005.

1. danny23

danny23 Member

i got a sony dru-170a and everytime i try to backup games it doesn't let me played them. I got swap magic 3 and when I put them game in it said not a compatible ps2 game. I bun it with nero at the lowest speed in dvd+r and dvd-r and i try alcohol 120 with the dvd and nothing and they are memorex dvd. Can somebody give a idea or something of what is going on.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

Is that a really old burner? I know that a lot of people have problems with Memorex DVD's
    My PS2 did the same thing with them when i used them for games, they will work for movies but i would get some TDK or Phillips for the games.
    I have a Sony DRU-700A which is last years model and it works great with DVD Decrypter.
    The reason i asked if it was real old, which may also be part of the problem, is now they are up to DRU-710A and your was a DRU-170A

3. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

I had the same problem, what I do to get around it is, as soon as I slide the card back to the left, I hit X...don't wait, just do it. It works every time for me. I use Riteks, but I even have some Khypermedias, and everyone I've talked to said they won't work on ps2, and they even load. Just do the swap, slide the card back, hit x, and enjoy.

4. danny23

danny23 Member

what you mean of sliding the card back,i don't know was wrong with and i got a new model sorry is a dru-710a.i can no make backups of any kind with nero or alcohol using memorex dvd.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

My DRU-700A won't do Memorex either. They are not good media for games. you can do movies on them but for games it is hit or miss.
    Try getting some Phillips DVD-R 8X discs. I use them and all my back ups work fine. Also download DVD Decrypter (it's free) and use that to back up the games.
    Since you use the same burner as me it should work the same for you.