1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can Burn DVD+R movies but cant watch them HELP

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Djin, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Djin

Djin Member

HI GUYS

I have a DRW4410 Aopen DVD writer. I made back ups of my DVD's onto DVD+RW and they workfine when i play them back on my PC. But when i back up onto DVD+R it writes to the dvd fine but when i try and watch it back it says there is nothing on the DVD,WEIRD HUH.

How can a DVD writer write to a DVD format but cant read what it writes.

PLEASE HELP ME EXPERTS I AM A n00b :(

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Thats sort of a strange problem, but it could the type blank media you are using. Cheap, poor quality media will give you all types of problem including not being recognized by burners and players. Just a guess since you didn't list what you are using.

Jerry

3. Gringle

Gringle Guest

I'm very new to all this as well but, from the, evidence of, the last few thousand hours, of reading,

Jerry talks with straight tongue.

4. Djin

Djin Member

Hi

Jerry, the hardware i am using is Aopen DVD+RW/+R DRW4410 drive. I am burning onto samsung DVD+R DVD's. I dont think that they cheap because i know the seller and he has had no problems before with them.

Like i said before by drive burns to them fine but when i put it back in to watch the damn drive doesnt have a clue what it put on it in the first place. I have tried using DVD+RW and using the exact same method i get playback just not with DVD+R

:$

5. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

DVD burning is a trial and error process at the beginning. Media that works well for one person/system/burner may not work for another. Download this little program called DVDinfopro. It will tell you who makes your Samsung blanks. I would still try some different brands of media.

http://dvdinfopro.com.

Jerry

6. Djin

Djin Member

Thanks Jerry you da MAN!

I think i will end up buying a new burner anyway, does anyone know of a good burner that burns to ALL media??