1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can download updates easily but the psp won't let me install them - help please!

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Shanekiv, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

Hi,
    I am running 3.11 at the minute and since I successfully updated to that, quite easily, I have never been able to update since. Yesterday I downloaded 3.71 and as usual when I go to install it, the psp says "....the system configuration of this psp does not seem to be correct....." I have formatted the memory stick and I have plenty of power. I am new to homebrew, downgrading etc. and have never tried any of it. I have a standard blue (Japanese) psp. Can anyone help?
    Thanks, Shane

2. CKhaleel

CKhaleel Regular member

First off, why would you upgrade?

Second, the PSP is TA-082 and has been downgraded before, you need to downgrade using the 3.11 Downgrader.

3. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

I want to upgrade to play new demos and games and I haven't downgraded the psp before. Can you tell me how to install the update?

4. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

Will buying a new memory stick sort this? Also, I forgot to mention, a while ago I deleted my MP_ROOT folders but I then copied one of another psp on to mines, have I bugered my PSP?

5. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

That doesn't matter at all, your PSP has been downgraded before, you have a broken IDkey, this has nothing to do with memory cards, it's "inside" the PSP. The only thing you can do is use the 3.11 downgrader, or a Pandora Battery, no other ways about this.

You can then update to 3.52 M33, then 3.52 M33-4 (And 3.71 M33 if you choose to do so).

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  6. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

How do you know its been downgraded before? I bought it new and upgraded it a few times since then but I have never been able to get past 3.11.

7. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

You can only get a broken IDkey storage (Resulting in in-ability to upgrade past 3.11) from downgrading...

Unless you're the first person ever to randomly have a broken key :S

8. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

Ok, I suppose you know more about this than me. My friend knows a guy who does that sort of thing so I'll go and see what he can do, thanks.

9. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

10. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

Thanks, but there is no-one on there in Northern Ireland.

11. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Just do it yourself, if you can; rent Lumines, or borrow it off a mate for free, then it's easy to do the downgrade yourself :)

12. Shanekiv

Shanekiv Member

I am new to all of this and I don't know how to do it myself or anyone who can. I don't really want to do all that homebrew/downgrading stuff, I just want to fix this problem, update my psp and leave it standard. Is it possible?

13. DRUGLESS

DRUGLESS Regular member

See if this SpicyChicken guy can help you.

Amazing what Google can do for you!