1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can ftp to xbox but cannot transfer files.

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Adol, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Adol

Adol Member

I have been spending about a week trying to ftp to my xbox. I have managed to actually ftp my xbox but whenever I try to download or upload a file it telf my that it cannot be done or noop is not initialized.

Also I can transfer files on the main ftp site(where you see all the drive letters). But cannot ftp into a drive.
    I am using a mac so of course i thought that that would be the problem but I had my freind bring over his windows labtop and the same thing happend.

I am exteemely frustrated and don't know what else to try.

currently I have an XBIT modchip with evoX dash. It was installed with Slayers so it should be all good. My settings tell me the right IP address.

Someone please help.

2. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

Are you using flashfxp to connect?

3. Adol

Adol Member

I have not tried to use flasxp. I have however tried to use Internet explorer on my friends labtop(winxp). I typed in exactly "ftp://xbox:xbox@192.168.1.101". 192.168.1.101 is the corrent ip for my xbox.
    As before I am able to connect to the xbox but I cannot do anything else. Actully I don't know what it is doning because sometimes I can go to my f:\ drive and sometimes I can't. But I can never go a level higher than my f:/ drive or transfer anything to my f: drive, but I can transfer to the main ftp menue(shoing all of the drive letters).

Sorry if it sounds a little confusing but I am confused. I'm trying to explain the situation as best as I can.

4. shdwsfall

shdwsfall Regular member

download FlashFXP and use it.

5. hoppers

hoppers Regular member

try setting your own ip address on the pc to 192.168.1.xxx

then try to ftp back into the xbox...

6. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

adol.. i have a Mac too and i know why..Did u use slayer 2.5 to format your hd... i had problem with slayer 2.5...so i have to use slayer 2.0 and it works perfectly..i use mac transmit ftp program...let me know...

7. Scot

Scot Regular member

Make sure that your ftp is enabled in your evox.ini file

FTP=Yes

And definately use flashfxp like the others said.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Laptop for 5$ check it out here--> http://www.ezlaptop.net/?ref=8084[/small]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2004
  8. dolemite

dolemite Regular member

flashxp is for pc only not mac

9. Adol

Adol Member

I've been away for a wile but I am now looking for Slayers 2.0. I'll let you know if that worked.

Thanks..

10. jxc241

jxc241 Member

I had a similar problem. Try playing around with the tcp/ip settings. Specifically the 100 Full Duplex or half duplex. That worked for me. I only get around 4mb/sec but it works.

11. Adol

Adol Member

How do I change my full Duplex setting. Do I have to change it on my router or somehow on my xbox settings? Also I can find Slayers 2.5 but not 2.0.

Can someone help?

12. jxc241

jxc241 Member

It is in your network Connections on XP. Right Click on your NIC card(sorry I don't have a router. I use two NIC cards)that is connected to the xbox and and then properties then TCP/IP. Then click the configure. Then the advanced tab. Should be in there under connection. Play around with them to figure out what works best. Also if you are sharing the internet connection with the xbox, make sure your other NIC card connected to the internet is connected to share the internet connection. Again, I have two NIC cards so this may not work for your setup. This probably won't help with your setup but some of the things may be the same or you might be able to find a post that helps.
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/network-2-cards.php

13. Adol

Adol Member

Thanks for all of the help. I actually figured it out(in a way). I changed my dash to Avalauch and now it works perfectly with no messing around with settings.

I really don't know why the EvoX dash didn't work but now its working.

Thanks.

14. jxc241

jxc241 Member

Okay, get this. Now I am have the same problem as before. I haven't changed anything on my computer. Anyone know why the stupid thing would work for about a week, and then now not work?