1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can only have sound from either my headset or my speakers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by slim23, Jul 7, 2007.

1. slim23

slim23 Member

k so i bought a new headset recently its a USB head set "(Microsoft lifechat lx-3000} and since its usb it has its own sound dirver and beacause of this i can only have sound from either my headset or my speakers i cannot have sound at the same time from both

i was wondering if it was possible to get sound not only through my speakers but also through my new headset aswell???

in case it matters i have the AC97 audio drivers A.K.A REALTEk AC97 (ONBOARD)

it is annoying to have to go into sound devices everytime i want sound from my speakers/headset

Thanks in advanced

2. JVC

JVC Active member

I've not used a lot of headphones over the years, but every one I have used, disabled the speakers, as soon as you plugged headphones in, whether it was the computer, or the stereo system.

I thought that was the purpose of them......... so you could listen in private, and not bother people doing other stuff, such as reading or sleeping. Why in the world would you want both playing at the same time?
    Just curious........ :eek:)

Last edited: Jul 7, 2007