1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can shrink just fine, but the dvd burning portion doesn't work

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by civicboy, Nov 11, 2004.

1. civicboy

civicboy Member

Hey all, new to the site good to be here. Okay I got my new burner and loaded the nero that came with, downloaded dvd shrink, and also loaded roxio ez cd and dvd creator 6.0 Everything worked fine we burned some movies. My main board came in for my new pc, and so I moved the burner to it, and loaded the same software, but now after I shrink the movie it no longer gives me the option to burn it. You know the fourth option when you backup, it is there, but it is greyed out and not available. Any help??? Thanks everyone.

2. colw

colw Active member

Looks like you may have a OEM version of Nero. if so, it is likely that the DVD burning option will disabled.

You can download a fully functional trial version from the Nero website (good for a month - calendar).

Would also be wary with Roxio on your computer - it does not play well with other burning programs and tends to cause problems. Ease your pain and do a search on Roxio on this forum.

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hmmm I have an OEM version of nero updated to version 6.6 and it works fine but try the full version trial anyway ya never know.

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

HavingRoxio and Nero is like having oil and water - they don't work together.

My suggestion is to dump Roxio and the use this because Roxio just won't leave easily -

Remove all types of Roxio tentacles and tendrils with Roxio Zapper –

Find it here:

http://www.microadvantage.net/downloads/zapper60.zip

Once you've done that, reboot your PC to "flush everything out of your PC's system :)

Lastly, re-check all of your settings in DVD Shrink to make everything is correct. I suggest going over it, step by step with the guide you're using -

Cheers,

Pete