1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can still can play on XBL. Disconnect for the time being?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by NICKLER, May 22, 2007.

1. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

As of now i can still play backups on xbox live. I have a flashed 87 HITACHI Drive. I have downloaded the lasted Crackdown Updates, but not the halo 3 beta. So do i disconnect and wait for a solution to ensure my ip dosent get banned or just not bother and wait for the inevitable.

Thanks

2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

its not your IP they ban, they ban the serial number of the console itself so it can never be used on live again :(

3. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

Thanks for that clarification, but should i even bother keeping my xbox disconnected till the new FW comes out or do you think im already in there "logs" or whatever its called.

Thanks

4. paul91

paul91 Regular member

im pretty sure that they already know you have tampered with the firmware so im not sure if its worth not playing on live since u will get banned eventually :(

might as well make the most of it i spose

5. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yep, might as well stay up as late as you can playing or else your just going to be losing time that you could enjoy playing online.

6. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

haha great. Alrite last question then. Once my console is eventually banned what next? Which would you suggest to use to play online.

XB Connect

XLink
    or

Gamespy

I hear XB connect has more people but weaker performance than XLINK. Any suggestions?

Thanks

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

i have heard xlink is best, but im not sure because i never got it to work for me but either one is free, might as well try and see which one you like.

8. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

HOW DO YOU CONNECT YOUR XBOX TO YOUR PC AND THE INTERNET AS WELL WITH ONLY ONE ERTERNET PORT ON THE PC AND THE 360?

9. PS2Menace

PS2Menace Regular member

Use a router.

10. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

I suggest not using caps for your replies or i think you will be banned but you can use a router to access the internet through your pc and xbox. That is what i use.

11. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

i mean at the same time m8 i have a router . i want to try x link or xbconnect .i,ve heard that you have to connect the xbox to the pc and the pc to the Internet

12. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

You have to bridge the connections. When i used to use XB connect with xbox 1. I plugged the ethernet cord into my laptop which was running wireless internet and it worked just fine.

13. steimy

steimy Active member

if you have a router, just plug a CAT5 crossover cable from the Xbox to the router the same as you would if you wanted to use FTP or stream media with XBMC.

Or if it is wireless you can buy a wireless adapter.

NICKLER, i would check around. The last word i had heard on the free systems if that this built in ping timer for 360 games was giving them a fit. And that unless you were in a very small range of people with a great ping rate you would not be able to connect to games through them. MS was smart enough to put the breaks on the free systems this time. Just read up at the Xlink Kai forums and i am sure you will find lots of posts about it.

14. NICKLER

NICKLER Member

so does this mean i would be able to use the free systems because i see alot people talking about using the various programs to play online as an alternative to xbox live

15. xBRFCx

xBRFCx Member

only games with system link