1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I CANNOT find the software for my needs

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by MrFixit, Mar 31, 2003.

1. MrFixit

MrFixit Member

I have become an expert at backing up MOVIES, but I would like to back up DATA and none of the software I have does that. (at least as well as I'd hope)

Here's the deal, I have recorded an entire season of a tv show and if actually made it into a DVD (with menu, etc) I am only able to fit about 4 episodes.(as opposed to 24 episodes which take about 4.2 GB on my HDD) So, I want to just burn them onto a DVD as data so I can view them on my computer. I have an HP200i and the only backup software it came with, converts all the movie files into an archived .exe file. In the days of CDs, it was easy creating data CDs, but I can't find any software that does that for the DVD medium.

ALSO, in an unrelated software question, I downloaded the latest version of Nero and an MPEG2 plugin, but it only lets me burn to CDs, not DVDs.

2. miksirhc

miksirhc Member

AutoPlay Menu Studio (MSRP $64.99) is a script based auto-run program for all types of removable discs. This menu lets the user to create professional looking on-screen menu prompt with link that can generate Windows command, i.e. click on the button to launch the browser or windows media player with full screen.

If your Nero software came with your CD burner it will not support DVD drives to write. Only the full retail version will do so. I found out the hard way. Roxio Easy CD creator, however, does support both formats. But then again, I purchased Roxio.