1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot load any ISO with 3.30 OE-A'.

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Hellfir04, May 12, 2007.

1. Hellfir04

Hellfir04 Member

Hello, everybody.

I have a small problem, I cannot load any ISO from my memory stick.
    My PSP used to be a TA-082 motherboard with firmware 2.60, but I downgraded it to 1.50 and then upgraded it to 3.30 OE-A'.

Everything works perfectly... except ISOs.
    I have skimmed through this forum and did the following things suggested by other users:

In Recovery mode:
    -disabled no-umd.
    -disabled the three options in the advanced configuration.
    -turned CPU speed for UMD/ISO to something else than 333mhz­.

The two ISOs I've tested are "Tales of World Radiant Mythology (J)" and "Puzzle Quest". They are both in an ISO folder located at the root of my memory stick.
    They are both detected by the PSP in the game section.
    I even have a Lumines UMD inserted in the PSP at all times.

Yet, when I load one of those two ISOs, the PSP logo appears, then the screen turns black and nothing else happens.

Can anyone help me?

2. guano

guano Regular member

Have you done any modifications to your PSP?

3. Hellfir04

Hellfir04 Member

Modifications... When I've installed my 3.30 OE-A' firmware on my PSP, that's when I started to try many homebrews.

I've used the devhook firmware installer many times, only to have it freeze when "enumerating PSAR" something. I had to turn off my PSP by removing the battery everything this happened, as it wouldn't turn off with the switch.
    I've also once used devhook 0.42(the only time the dh fw installer worked), but it was not useful, as I did not have any real UMD at that time and the ISOs were undetected...

So... yeah, I don't think I've done any real "modification" to my PSP other than implementing the 3.30 OE-A' firmware.

BTW, I've just tested another ISO just now: Popolocrois (US).
    For some reason, it works perfectly!! For the first time, my PSP successfully ran an ISO...
    Could it be that "Puzzle Quest (U)" and "Tales of World: Radiant Mythology(J)" were just uncompatible with the 3.30 OE-A' firmware's way of directly booting ISOs from the menu?

Or could it be that they were bad dumps?
    If I upgraded to 3.40 OE, do you think there would be any difference?

4. guano

guano Regular member

I'm really not sure. It could be the quirkiness of OE. Who knows? I know one thing you can try - little story first:

A long time ago, we used to get ISOs from the torrents. Some of them didn't work at all. We got very frustrated. Then, someone had the brilliant idea of using VcdromX to compile the ISOs. It worked! It worked on all the ISOs we were having troubles with. For some reason, it changed something and then made it readable. This happened A LOT back in the day, so to you I say this:

Try breaking down the ISO w/ UMDGen and rebuilding w/ VcdromX. (Use Google :p)

Good luck!

5. Hellfir04

Hellfir04 Member

Holy crap, you're right!!
    Tales of World: Radiant Mythology worked after I've rebuilt the ISO!!
    Thanks a million, Guano! You're a real lifesaver!