1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cannot play with a japanese game in my ps2!!!!! HELP!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by SOUL33, Mar 8, 2007.

1. SOUL33

SOUL33 Member

HI! Im new... my names' valentina...
    I need an help...

I have a PS2 slim V14. I dont want use chip or modify for my consoles...

But once, I search a game and i found only a japan version. So I buy it .. together Swap magic coder 3.8. (I believed that with swap magic I could play with japanese import game) but it don't work.

The game is SPACE CHANNEL 5 PART 2 (NTSC - JAP)-

I try everything...
    I try to masterized the original game with svsdecrypter... (I m ignorant and I was thinking that I could remove protection)
    But is all useless.

Now.. I want ask to you all that are so specializated ....

is possible that there's no other way to play with a japanese game in my playstation2 without using an internal chip?

There's no hope anymore?

I buy a game for nothing?
    Why sega game's have such strong protection? Is a old game from 2002!!
    I dont understand why other japanese games works with swap magic 3.8...

Please give me a hope!!!

Thank you!!!!

2. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

I'm a bit confused. So you bought a SM Coder 3.8 disc set and tried playing this import game but it won't work yet other import games you have tried with this very exact SM Coder disc works for the rest of them? And uh, by 'masterized' you mean rebuild or what? You might not need a chip. Could be all the recent import games you bought are DVD-based when this old game you're playing is a CD-based Ps2 game and possibly needs to be booted with the CD version of SM coder, not the DVD version since you haven't mentioned you tried this method yet. You don't have to buy a chip by the way, but it would save you a lot of hassle and no need to rebuild a lot of PS2 games. Your choice to opt for a chip to save you the trouble.

3. SOUL33

SOUL33 Member

Sorry... Im not english.. I dont understand... why you said to use the cd version of swap magic coder 3.8?

The game is on a DVD---- is from 2002... but is for PS2 and it's a dvd.... i think.....

I can't buy a chip... I dont likes internal chip.. not because are not good, but because I dont want to open my ps2 from nobody.

All other japan import games works with swap magic 3.8...

someone tells me that Space Channel 5 part 2 dont' work for swap magic...and that I need to use another program called: Dvdloader...
    I find dvdloader (cd version) on internet, but this program was not update for playstation2 V 14...

there's another program that together swap magic can I load more game than just the 80% that works with swap magic?

Please, help me....
    thank you and sorry my english..... ^_^ '

4. SOUL33

SOUL33 Member

I want to remember that my game "Space channel 5 part 2" is an original game...

so I dont understand what you try to said when you talks about to use the cd version of swap... of course that's useless. Because my original game I'm talking about is a dvd.

5. SOUL33

SOUL33 Member

Nobody knows? sigh