1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't access DVDs I've burned unless I use another computer to do so!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by DawnBob42, Feb 16, 2005.

1. DawnBob42

DawnBob42 Guest

(Apparently, in "another" forum people don't know)

Here's the deal:

I'm using Windows XP, a Pioneer DVR-106D DVD burner, Nero 6.6.0.6. (latest version) and Memorex DVD-R 8x blank DVDs.

I can burn the DVD fine, without any errors. However, once I try to see the files I've just burned: I can't! At first I got a "D:\ not accessible - Incorrect Function" error (I got this when trying to access a blank DVD as well). I've since activated Windows XP "click-and-drop" burning and can now open the DVD, but there's nothing in it and it says 0 bytes.

However: If I try to access my newly burned DVD on another of my Windows XP machines it works! All the files are there and can be copied/used without any errors.

What's going on here anyone

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Do you have the same drive in each computer? (MODEL and Brand)
    If not it just may be that one of those drives don't like Memorex (Which by the way is the worst media money can buy) You could try updating the firmware to the drive that wont play or recognize the DVD. Have you tried the DVD in a stand alone DVD player to see if it works?

3. siberiank

siberiank Member

i have exactly the same issues too. as with dawnbob42, my dvds (maxell) will burn/verify fine.... but then only seem to want to work on other computers.

all other burned dvds from prior to this problem, including the ones from exact same tub of maxells.. still work fine on my computer/dvd drive (pioneer 107).

anyone happen have any ideas how this might be fixed? as it seems like a software problem to me...

i also noticed a few people with a similar problem when googling for some answers >> http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1525587a

Last edited: Feb 18, 2005
  4. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

its seems this is happenning lately i seen this in a couple of threads...

i too had this problem! now i have

pioneer 106
    Ridisc media

i noticed on another thread they had

pinnacle studio loaded (not sure if this is a prob? but i have it loaded too!) do you guys?

5. siberiank

siberiank Member

hi,

i've never used pinnacle studio...

has anyone been able to come up with any answers yet? :)

Last edited: Feb 22, 2005
  6. brobear

brobear Guest

Has everyone checked their firmware? DVD ROMs as well as burners may need updated. I had to do both of mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 22, 2005