1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can't back up Blast from the Past?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by PsyK, Feb 8, 2005.

1. PsyK

PsyK Member

Anyone know what would be a good program to back up "Blast from the Past". I have tried " PowerDVD Copy " I was unsuccessfull, I also tried " DVDShrink 3.2 " but the Back-Up / Compression was To big did not find on " Memorex DVD+R 4.7GB 8X " It was to big when I tried copying from Nero the VideoTS files. Any help somewhere out here? I hope that there is no other Post on this Subject because I Looked everywhere so excuse me in advance and if someone can help Thanks in Advance.

2. PsyK

PsyK Member

Right now! I am trying to Back it up using " VobBlanker 1.6.0.4 " Then -> DVD Shrink 3.12 -> Then after that -> Nero oh crap have to install it lol forgot to. Well I guess if no one has replied I will find out for all us Newbies out there how to back it up. d;-þ

Last edited: Feb 8, 2005
  3. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

Hi Psyk,
    Have you read the guides for using Shrink?
    Have you got the latest version of AnyDVD? If you have the tools and follow the guides you should be home free.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

4. PsyK

PsyK Member

I couldn't back it up :( Shrink Makes it Just a tad smaller maybe a 50mb smaller or something also VobBlanker I use DVD Region+CSS Free I will try anydvd but thank you if any other hints can help.

5. PsyK

PsyK Member

also I don't need anydvd lol. I use that DVD Region CSS+Free so yeah I would not know if I would need anydvd since DVD Region CSS+Free supports Shrink. But I have not been successful yet :-/

6. PsyK

PsyK Member

I still have no luck backing it up. Anyone else have any ideas?

7. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Are you sure your DVD is clean and scratch free? I have backup up blast from the past a while ago and had no trouble with it. I just used DVDShrink when i did it, didnt even have to have any other program running.

Download AnyDVD and run it in the background while running DVDShrink. But I am sure you dont need it.

Make sure it is clean and scartch free. If it is and you still have problems could be a flaw in the disc itself

Last edited: Feb 9, 2005
  8. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

i would rip it with dvd derypter ! then use shrink to compress and set dvd decrypter to burn in the dvd shrink settings!

9. PsyK

PsyK Member

10. Hallywood

Hallywood Regular member

PsyK,
    You shouldn't need both audio streams. I would uncheck the unspecified and 1 of the audio streams. The other alternative is to go to re-author and double click "Title One" in the right column, this will move it to the left column and that should do the trick. Just hit backup. Title One should be the largest file in the right column. In some situations its not always Title One but it should be the largest file. If you have doubts click re-author and then give us another screen shot.
    Good Luck,
    HW.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005
  11. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member

12. bern2707

bern2707 Member

you must have a scratched disc, I have copied hundreds of films with dvd shrink and never had any problems, Except for scratched ones, My 5 year old lad can do it its that easy

13. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@bern2707

Just so you know more then just scratched disc will cause the problem he is having.

Like Copy Protection the DVD-ROM Burnner is bad, scratched and dirty DVDs.

If you can do backups of other DVDs then its 1 of them problems and probably not your DVD-ROM drive. So make sure its clean and scratch free, if it is then try DVD Decrypter with it, or AnyDVD to help with copy protection and if you still have trouble probably a flaw in the DVD itself. Iv ran across that problem a few times while backing up DVDs.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  14. PsyK

PsyK Member

Hallywood;
    Just wanted to ask you question if you know which Audio I should keep and which one not to keep? And the problem fellas isn't BURNING it reads it does everything Right but it won't SHRINK lol. So stop arguing about the Scratched Disk! if it has the tiniest scratc it won't bother trust me. I have done enough backing up in my life. Protection is the main thing. Well anyways Hallywood if you could find out which one I need since I can't shrink it then that would be cool Thanks in Advance - PsyK

15. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi

each folder must have separate compression or NO compression setting done! did you set this like that...

that film will be ok it only looks about 5 gig set shrink on automatic for each folder, basiacally saying use auto for each folder or whole film!

it will size it by itself