1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i cant backup new dvd movies

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by noob105, Feb 10, 2007.

1. noob105

noob105 Guest

i cannot backup any new dvd's using any backup program for some reason can anybody help me with a new program or decrypter please!!! or have you tips for me to use in shrink!!!

2. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

@noob105

Tools I used and highly recommend:

DVDFab Decrypter 3080
    RipIt4Me 1690
    DVD Decrypter
    DVD Shrink
    ImgBurn
    FixVTS and VobBlanker

Have a look at some FREE guides here http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/A_F_Guides.html (it will help you to install, rip and backup any DVD successfully; guides including DVD Shrink, DVDFab Decrypter 3080, RipIt4Me 1690, DVD Decrypter, ImgBurn, VobBlanker & FixVTS).

As for newbie, I recommend you to rip with the latest DVDFab Decrypter 3080 (simply because it's more faster and easier), then try to "open files" via DVD Shrink and transcode. If for some reason DVD Shrink is choking (can not continue), then you'll need to process and clean your already ripped files (VOB, VTS) through FixVTS or (VIDEO_TS.IFO) through VobBlanker.

If you don't want to use DVDFab Decrypter, simply rip with RipIt4Me (it is unstoppable, but just a little longer that's all). Follow this RipIt4Me guide here http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/Guides/alkohol_guide2.html

Best of luck and enjoy them FREE guides!!

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  3. onya

onya Guest

A new look to old friends, Nice one Alkohol(fasfrank too) Cheers to your efforts on the guides.

4. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

Nevermind...hit post too late. Moot point now. Try ripit.

5. alkohol

alkohol Regular member

You're welcome buddy. Yes, Frank was nice enough to have them guides designed on his wonderful page/site for newbies or those that interested. Frank had asked me to put in some guides so he can printed them there for reference (again especially newbies).

Enjoy 'em and best of luck!!

6. maxxjulie

maxxjulie Regular member

Ripit4me with FixVTS works every time. Anydvd is starting to have problems with newest dvd's.

7. rannh651

rannh651 Member

i logged on to try to find out where to update my vobblanker but my man helped me out.
    you rule!! always!!
    my idol!
    alkohol
    AfterDawn Addict

8. maxxjulie

maxxjulie Regular member

what are are these guides for. i've never used a guide for making dvd's ever. all the programs are so simple to use. the vobblanker is the only one that's not extremely obvious at first but after a minute of looking at it anyone can figure it out too.

Here's my guide: Download DvdDecrypter, Imgburn, Ripit4me, FixVTS, and DvdShrink. When no compression is necessary then rip with Ripit4me and burn with Imgburn. If you need compression, use DvdShrink instead of Imgburn. There's my guide. Everything else anyone should be able to figure out on there own. All people need to know are what programs to get. Everything else is BS. Don't use anything but Ripit4me for ripping a dvd cuz other programs don't work a 100% of the time. They need to be updated and sometimes they still don't work like Anydvd. Ripit4me is The Incredible Hulk of dvd rippers.

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

maxxjulie
    Strangely enough RI4M hasn't been with us that long. Not everyone picks up on software intuitively the way you and some others are capable of doing. In fact I've had to read a few manuals on what I consider complicated programs and hardware. Different people are at different learning levels and have different learning abilities. I applaud Alkohol for some of the excellent guides I've seen of his. I think credit is due to those willing to write a good guide and help those who need it (and there are those who do). As for the bad guides, well... I hope the authors get entangled in the wires to their keyboard and mouse. LOL ... turn blue and ...

10. onya

onya Guest

@PacMan777, Well put.

11. shiloh72

shiloh72 Guest

Why is everyone having problems with burning movies? All i use is dvd colner 4 and it works .I never had a problem yet.You can also use clone dvd with anydvd them are your best choises.

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Not everyone is. Had you tried "Saw 3: Unrated" when first released you would have seen what the excitement was over. Sony has upped the ante on copy protection. Even the Slysoft programs were playing catchup this time. Most of the popular programs are caught up by now. If not, they shouldn't be popular. LOL