1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i can't connect my ilo.....HELP!!

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by dinkey, Jan 9, 2005.

1. dinkey

dinkey Member

I have TiVo, a VCR, entertainment system, and ofcourse the tv......how the heck do i connect the ilo?? There are no setup directions, just to the TV. Do they have a site I can get sirections from or something?? I'll be happy if I just get the VCR, TV, and iLo connected.....that's why I got it :-(

2. dinkey

dinkey Member

3. gserve

gserve Member

I would think that the VCR is hooked up to the input of the ILo and the Tivo is hooked up to the RF tuner input?

4. mjreid

mjreid Member

while viewing chapters, is it possible to edit parts out of individual chapters? one of the reasons i bought the ilo was because it said you can edit recordings, but they never said you can only edit the names of the recordings which is currently the case... who cares if you can edit the names...

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's just how they rope you in.

6. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

I think you would want to use the split function.
    Say you wanted to edit out the comercial, you would hit split just before the comercial then you would have to start playing the second video file that it creates and then hit split right after the comercial. And I would wait till I got all the editing done before I merged them all back together and I would also delete the stuff that I didn't need just in case you might put some comercial file back in there by accident.

7. ydkjman

ydkjman Member

I don't know how well this works but I read that you could put in chapter marks and then hide the chapter marks and when it would play it would skip the chapter marks but here is where I think it gets tricky. I think I read that if you burn it to a DVD they still show up so editing / spliting the video would take care of it all together.

8. mjreid

mjreid Member

Thanks, I will try this the next chance I get... I'll keep you posted of how it worked