1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I cant create a new simple volume...

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dragon3355, Sep 29, 2011.

1. dragon3355

dragon3355 Member

Hello,

I am trying to create a new simple volume in the disk manager. There is space yatta yatta yatta... In the unallocated space, it's not even giving me the option to right click and create a new simple volume. I am trying to do this for my HDD, for I can "safely remove" my hard drive but I can't open it or anything. Also, it says that it is in fine use, but when I try to open it, it says please insert into drive... I've been trying to look up threads all day on the internet, and I must say, this is VERY frusterating... Please help! Thank you.

Oh yeah, I forgot to add... My HDD was working fine until this morning. My five year old son was on the computer last night, but he was only playing nick jr. We were watching him play, he didn't click on anything that would make my HDD disappear. So please, if you have any suggestions, that would be awesome, because I am about ready to throw my HDD out the window. Thank you.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a pc hardware issue. have you tried a system restore to before the problem?